Favourite body of water

X2 Except for hitting a few Huron /Georgian Bay tribs for steelies in the fall, I haven't been on a lake outside of these 2 since probably the late eighties. I can be backing down a ramp 2 minutes from my house for great fishing. Did the many hour drive to northern destinations for a lot of years too before that, just could not see spending a good chunk of my weekend behind a wheel rather than on the water any more.

I certainly can relate to the driving part vs spending time on the water. Been loving the north shore of Lake Ontario. Big fish and close to home.

Over the years though, the scenery in Campbell River BC while fishing for salmon, snow capped mountains, bald eagles, seals, killer whales are etched into my mind. The seafood chowder that was served at Painters Lodge to this day is second to none. Great Bear was a magical place with it never getting dark. The highlight was fishing for grayling off of the floats of a twin otter but the lake trout fishing was crazy as well. Several other trips are planted firmly in my brain but we are truly lucky to have some of the best fishing and scenery in the world, right here in Ontario at a fraction of the cost. And of course I never get tired of the view from Bernie's Place. B)

Our home lake hands down. Relocated there 6 yrs ago. Very quiet, little to no boat traffic and a busy day otw sees 4-5 boats fishing. Walleye, pike, SMB, LMB, perch & hoping to find lake trout this w/e. Treacherous launch keeps the less than adventurous away ;)

Edited by pikeslayer

I have to go l.st clair.

no scenery no black flies,skeeters.

but its amazing fo musky,bass and walleyes. if ya want a perch feed without worms that's another plus..

ramps are good and cheap plus affordable lodging.

x2!!!!!!!!

I would also have to add the Fraser river near Chiliwack. Such a beautiful place.

Spent a lot of time on the east shore of Georgian Bay, French River and West Arm of Nippissing in the 80's and 90's. Love the scenery.

I can be at the launch on Lake Ontario in 15 to 20 min. Lots of big fish. Lots of fun over the years.

Not much time these days to explore new waters or even spend more time on my favourites. :(

#1 Memesagamesing. Camping on grandpa's island. Worth every minute of the 10 hour drive.

#2 South Bay of nipissing. The greatest memory's with my entire family. Also worth the 10 hour drive.

#3 nimisila reservoir. The closest thing I have to what most of you have in your back yards. There is even a small nest of loons on this NE Ohio lake. The call of the loon is the most breathtaking sound as the sun sets. Worth the 5 minute drive.

You people have it made!!

favourite is a small lake up north but without a doubt, Lake Ontario is my favourite common lake.

From Niagara River all the way around to Port Credit Ive fished every square inch from the shore to 200' of water....

So many fish. Such a variety of fish.

And still SO MUCH to learn.

Edited by Steve