Little bit of perch,pike bait,fur and lots of ice

misfish

My first plan was to try and hit the river this morning,but looking at the grid last night,it was easy to change plans and hit the ice. Terry and I had a few hours to fish this morning,so we hit a new spot to us and gave it a try. Lots of holes and little rewards. I did manage to get a feed for my lunch today. Im back on this fresh water fish then again. FRESH IS GOOD.

On my way to our spot,I came accross a yote in a corn field. Then I see this other moving animal further out. From the long distance,I thought it was a deer. It was large in size.I decided to pull over and watch to see what was about to unfold.

Lighting was bad,so pic, didnt turn out great. The yote seems to be stalking the other out in the field. After about 2 minutes or so,it became clear the other animal was a very large yote. One of the biggests I have seen.This is probly a 300 yard shoot to the one in the open field.

First yote

001_zpsc329f106.jpg

Second one I thought was a deer the first was stalking.

002_zps492aba15.jpg

So back to heading to the ice hook up. Walking was great,if you had cleats. They sure are worth their weight in gold.

We fished for about 4 hours drilling many holes looking for yellow bellies,but they didnt seem to in the biten mood..

Managed just enough perch and pike bait ( :tease: HH ) for a snack for my lunch. All caught on the skud.

009_zpsdd0a15c1.jpg

There was this pressure crack that I wanted investigate and see if I could take some good pics.

South to north.

011_zpsc47f9e8b.jpg

012_zpsf0645f4c.jpg

Some random shots.

014_zpsb7131702.jpg

Thought these two looked like wings.

019_zps14c78dfb.jpg

Inside the crack.

016_zps385d2fd4.jpg

This I thought was my coolest shot. You can see the layers in which the leaf has melted in.

017_zpsb539ea22.jpg

Frozen in time.

010_zpsd92a215d.jpg

Hope to get out one more time for some perch,til then it,s lunch time

021_zpsb071c2ee.jpg

Edited by Misfish

Nice catch,not a bad day?.almost headed to the trib myself?Looked a little high,maybe next weekend?.I think I'm done with ice fishing for now.Hopefully the nice weather is here to stay????

The Notty? More like May my friend, lol...