Orillia Perch Festival

Fisherman

Anyone want to hedge any bets on how many boats can be crowded into the narrows? At only 4 weeks away, someones going to have to do a lot of dancing to get the sunshine to melt off all that ice. I can remember a number of years back, the second week still had ice on the main part of the bay out by Grape Is and just past the island on the Cooch side. You could only launch at the Narrows by the campground at the bridge. With the weather forecast for the next seven days, doesn't appear a whole lot of melting will take place.

Edited by Fisherman

Late 50's, early 60's my brother and I used to fish the Narrows for springtime perch in a 6' wooden punt with a 3 HP motor...Evinrude if I recall.

Seemed like a pretty decent boat back then :lol:

Late 50's, early 60's my brother and I used to fish the Narrows for springtime perch in a 6' wooden punt with a 3 HP motor...Evinrude if I recall.

Seemed like a pretty decent boat back then :lol:

I always tell my pop,when he tells the same stories Lew,man,wish I was born sooner. Then again,I would of been born before him.LOL

Edited by Misfish

One of the first years we went to Perch fest, it opened on Easter weekend and there was still lots of ice.. We stayed at a motel, where the kids did their Easter egg hunt, and we ice fished all weekend. Rob also had his first encounter with thin ice. Tell the kid not to go there and...., you guessed it, SPLASH.