I went fishing Sept 2013

nofish4me

This trip was certainly worth every minute.

We did spend more time travelling than fishing, but the fishing was worth it.

Hahaha.

If anyone is thinking of going, ask me about rentals and costs etc..

It is fairly long video, but does pretty much wrap up the 14 day trip.

Trip of a Lifetime!

Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDW4a7jUwBk

Edited by nofish4me

It certainly was! Everyone that we met on the Dempster (very few, but surprisingly someone was always coming along) they were prepared not to get to their destination of choice. Hahaha. One of the reasons we chose to rent RVs vs just trucks. Only a $100 more for RV.

The colours in the Fall are only available for about 4 days, we hit it just right. More good luck than good management. Hehehe.

Great Trip! See any Grizzly's?

Yes, sign of them everywhere. The pictures didn't make it into video.

IMG_1317.JPG

Was that Doyle Brunson at the beginning

No, but he may have been in Dawson City at Diamond Tooth Gerties. The only Cowboy Hat wearing people in video, were Ian Tyson and Corb Lund.

great video of an epic trip, it's a great part of the country, it would have been cool to have Corb's "Truck got Stuck" song playing as background in the video (Hahaha)

I think $10 is a very fair price for a shot and great Canadian sour toe experience

100_1967_zps8e0351e9.jpg

nothing compare to the Dempster, those small RVs are great in me and my wife's opinion

100_2022_zpsb8f6998e.jpg

$10 was well worth the time and experience. The feller gave us quite a history lesson and we were at the table next to him, so throughout the evening we had a great conversation, he has a wealth of knowledge. Hahaha

Rented RV's from same place. Very glad we took the "All In" (that's what I call it) package.

I was driving and took out the windshield. I mean it was no tiny stone chip, glass ended up on the dash.

Upon turning the RV's in, not one word said about windshield (well not about extra cost anyway). Hahaha.

Next time I would take the truck and slide in camper, a lot less noise while driving, you just have to pick up everything once you stop for the day. Hehehe

A fella next to us at Gold Rush Campground rolled in and was wondering what it was going to cost him for a cracked winshield, mileage, etc., etc.. He had rented from another company and they didn't offer some of the features that we got.

Took out the windshield on what was supposed to be one of the better roads, between Dawson and Whitehorse.

Trivia; One cannot purchase glass coverage insurance for thier vehicle in the Yukon.

We walked through a parking lot in Whitehorse and counted 8 out of 10 vehicles with cracked windshields.

Edited by nofish4me

now that you mention it, I can remember gritting my teeth a few times as a big rig flew by in the opposite direction, showering us with gravel and stones, our windshield was fine though

definitely a magical part of the world, a huge chunk of beautiful country inhabited by very few people (the people we did meet were great though), I think 75% of the Territories population lives around Whitehorse, and Whitehorse is pretty similar in size and population to Orillia, your video makes me want to go back

Doing the Island of Newfoundland this year, Gros Morne National Park, etc., etc..

It was a tough decision, go back to the Yukon or Gros Morne National Park.....

2015 will be back to Dawson and the Dempster.

Great vid! I enjoyed that!

If your going to the island, and to gros morne, go all the way to the end, to Lanse Aux Meadows. Stop in and see my old man in Griquet on the way by. If its the right time of year, I could get him to take ya jiggin for some cod. No kidding, I'm serious. Hell, he might even take ya's in for a night! Pm me if you want more info. The recreational fishery is usually around the last week of july/first two of aug. The best time to visit the island as well. You can't visit NFLD and not jig a cod....at the very least, he would take you for a boat ride and maybe a shore lunch. He kinda gets a kick out of showing people around.

S.