is there anyone that has this experiance

karwowski

Have had this happen a few times when I've been in a rush and left my license in the wallet in the car. No big deal a few checks and I was golden. I think it really depends on what officer you get however. Some are ____'s some are not.

It also helps when you know each other. (But yet get a come on,you know better).LOL

A couple of years ago a buddy and I were on a back road trailering the boat after fishing Lake Nipigon for the day. An oncoming MNR truck lights us up to stop. No big deal. We had a good day but kept no fish. There were two co's in the truck. One came to talk to me and the other to my buddy. After the usual questions to me (keep any fish? got your licence?) all was good between my co and myself. In fact I was talking to him about the great fishery and showing him pics on my camera of the fish that we had caught that day, when the other co came around the truck and pulled my co away from me to talk in private. WTH? Im thinking. I peaked over their shoulders and saw them looking at my buddys licence. They came back from their private chat and said that his licence had expired. I just laughed. My co asked him if he had fished yet this year before today (it was May long weekend) and the answer was no. He let him off and told him that he better not catch him out tomorrow without a licence and told him where he could buy one in Nipigon. The co admitted that he had been out ice fishing in a previous year and remembered that his licence was expired while out fishing. We are all human and we all overlook things from time to time. My buddy had a fresh licence that evening.

Dan, we got pulled over on Nip, I didn't have anything with me, no license, no ID, no nothing (All back in the truck)... Didn't have any barbs pinched yet either (We were on our way out actually right after you and I met in the parking lot, lol!!!)

Guys didn't seem to be bothered by it much, told us to make sure those barbs were pinched, hooks removed if required and that was it... The 350 Yami they had on the back of their boat was impressive to say the least!

Edited by BillM

They can easily check to see if you have a licence by their little hand held computer. We had a friend who forgot his and they did it in about 10 seconds. They just choose not to sometimes :dunno:

that being the case if you can produce another form of photo ID, if you forget your wallet...u kinda screwed :P