u40 cork seal

Dan668

Yeah, I'd go with the eraser as well. I have no scientific data on this but I feel that cork is a living, breathing thing and sealing it just defeats the purpose. Sealing cork probably encourages drying and cracking. All I use is a light mix of water and mild dish detergent,clean gently, dry completely then, if needed, a light sanding with a fine grit paper...300+.

I tried using the cork sealer stuff a long time ago, but ended up not liking the finish it put on the rod, made the grip slicker for me.....every now and then I clean a few handles and rub in a few drops of gun oil, slightly darkens the cork and will show the filler better.....tried waxing a couple times, meh, in the end just not worth the effort, a regular wipe down to keep clean works good enough for me

I've used tooth paste before on really dirty handles, some swear by it but I didn't find it to be any better than just a soapy dish rag

I'm a fan of clean cork too, but I wouldn't suggest using sandpaper. You can easily remove the dirt/grit without taking any of the cork away. Any mild household cleaner will work. Personally, I use comet.

Dan, the next time give one of those magic erasers a try... I couldn't believe how well they worked. I usually just took a sponge and some soap/water but this works so much better.