A few pics for NAW

irishfield

Have over 3 feet of snow in the yard Nick that I left from.. the lake isn't any issue. First flyable day in a long long time...

Will try to get some more pics up later... computer didn't have enough memory left (of my 300+GB) last night to resize the 140 or so pictures I took during a 2 hour cruise around Simcoe County and Georgian Bay Township yesterday.

The snow globe may have finally stopped...... GBay and Nottawasaga Bay are frozen right out past the Westerns.

Spent many years camping on Giants Tomb,always had to watch that shoal extension when coming out of Penetang then heading out to the Tomb.It sneaks up on you fast even though your way off shore.Great picture!

From Cedar Point,not a problem .

Edited by davey buoy

Based on what I saw yesterday.. I wouldn't doubt if it's frozen out there as well.

If I knew where your house was Nick I would have got a shot... only reference I have is someone wrote HI MOM in the snow in front of one place on the South shore.. lol.. and the F-in-laws horse farm on the North side.

I'd say I'm glad I didn't pay for all that fence board... but I probably did! :wallbash:

Edited by irishfield

Well I've got to many computer issues and server issues to get anymore pics up properly it seems tonight, but here's a video I quickly shot with my camera just sitting up on the dash yesterday. I call these "box spot" landings... and it's good practice for hitting a spot. Sled grid in the snow... you have to land and take off without crossing a sled trail. The first one is an immediate departure.. thanks to a sound you get use to of rough or pack ice under the snow that will clean the gear off the plane. As the video starts, that is Giants Tomb Island and all landings are between it and heading towards Gin Rocks.

Edited by irishfield

A guy at work told me he was on some government ice website, which stated you could walk from manatoulin to tobermory this winter.

Seems fishy...

Only open water in GBay is in Owen Sound due to the ice breaker. I wouldn't be surprised if you could snowmobile from Tobermory to Manitoulin this winter.