Dufferin County State of Emergency

4x4bassin

If anyone plans to be driving up this way may I suggest you don't . Lots of road closures and the county cannot keep up with the massive drifts over some

of the roads . Just came back from O ville and there are some drifts on my local road that are 10 ft high and 1/2 way across the road . Be careful out there !

A women parked her WHITE KIA suv / car right in the middle of County Rd 6 yesterday in a wind prone / zero vis spot..... She put it in park and she had got out to start walking back to her house. Well my son sure found the invisible car.. and thank God missed her! What are these people thinking... hold the wheel straight and drive though the blowing snow as best you can or at least get to the side....especially when it's a road you've driven your entire life and you know it's STRAIGHT! Stroke one car.

This morning I had to go 1/2 way to Barrie to pull my daughter out of the ditch. She had a driver of similar caliber do exactly the same thing this morning, but luckily she managed to miss the rear end of it by no more than a foot she guesses. Pulled her out and got her on her way.. followed her into Barrie to make sure she got to work as she hasn't been into the architect firm in the past 2 days. Told her to get a room at the hotel tonight vs coming home and that was a good decision as it's snowing HEAVY again and the wind hasn't stopped.

Edited by irishfield

Wayne, glad all is well. Monday I left for work and when I got there (one and half hours from Woodbridge to Steels and Vic Park, I drive slow :) ) I warned my wife "don't go out."

I get a note that she and number one daughter, with two small kids are in Brooklin visiting daughter number 3!

NOT happy, construction on hwy 7 lack of lighting and weather can do it. thankfully they made it back fine.

BTW your daughter has our morals about getting to work! You didn't guide her home :)

No need to take chances. I've now built in guards so I can work from home :)

kuha... not sure if you can check statistics on people hitting cars with their 4 ways on... but if you could you'd find that more are hit on the side of roads with them going than those without. Same deal with police cars and tow trucks with lights flashing. For some reason it seems to draw people in and mesmerize them... and they hit them! Nothing worse, as far as I'm concerned anyhow is people driving up the middle lane with their 4 ways on. Just turn your lights on and drive... if it's that bad take the next exit PLEASE!

I was on the road the last 4 days in Vaughan wasn't the worst I've seen but it was still bad

It's how you drive and respect the road conditions. You know Vaughan and these 'high priced' drivers think that they can go anywhere.

I had a situation on Monday at Sanoma and Islignton (my exit onto a main street) I stopped on a red and with a fool that had been in a hurry behind me for a few blocks.

I make my turn unto the RIGHT lane, NOT him/her decides to go to the left lane a bit faster ( may have not liked my right turn:)

No problem pal, I looked back and he/she was coming behind me sideways!

people just don't get it! Slow down to the conditions of the road. Getting hurt or even dead does not accomplish anything, only creates problems. :(

I had the unfortunate responsibility of being the first responder to a truck on its roof ( everyone was ok) , up near creemore this weekend past while trying to get to meaford, roads were bad then and I doubt there gotten better. I've got 12 ft snow banks up my windswept concession road down here in loretto.

Edited by Freshtrax

dufferin county here

monday wife and i could not get home as all roads in were closed, had to stay in hotel

today we barely snuck in before the closures

the wind just blows and blows in the open areas, you can go from bare pavement to deeeep drifts in seconds.

i can understand the closures. esp. with the boneheads i see flying out there way too fast for the conditions.

Has nothing to do with low IQ drivers, but thanks for the smear..... low light.. your eyes adjust to that and then someone has 4 ways flashing away brightly.. it's like losing your night vision..

Been told since I was 16, by police, never turn your 4 ways on if your car dies on the side of the road as people will hit it, and 2nd your battery will be dead when you return to get it!

And just watching the news.. sure enough a tractor trailer creamed an OPP cruiser that was sitting on the side of the road with it's lights on!

Edited by irishfield

kuha... not sure if you can check statistics on people hitting cars with their 4 ways on... but if you could you'd find that more are hit on the side of roads with them going than those without. Same deal with police cars and tow trucks with lights flashing. For some reason it seems to draw people in and mesmerize them... and they hit them! Nothing worse, as far as I'm concerned anyhow is people driving up the middle lane with their 4 ways on. Just turn your lights on and drive... if it's that bad take the next exit PLEASE!

I think I would rather see 4 ways on a disabled vehicle than not, especially in poor visibility. I guess there must be a lot of drivers out there who don't know what 4 ways mean :dunno: