I felt like General Custard out there to day.LOL

misfish

No the bay is not being taken over by Indians.This is the newest ice hut rental out off Minets Point. LOL

It,s different,thats for sure.

002_zpsb767fac1.jpg

Lots of chasers,but no takers this morning.

001_zps5aa2b5e1.jpg

It was so cold and windy,I went through 2 green bottles today. Next year,I get the thermo hub.

The teepee is a basic set up. The guy used what look like 12ft 4x4 for the set up. Wood stove in the middle and no floors. Just holes and buckets to sit on. Opening had a flap over it. If it was an east wind,well,the wind would be coming in. I didnt noticed how he had the teepee anchored I did ask what he was charging. 140 dollars for 4 hours. :w00t:

Seems to be ok with others,as he was at 2/3rds full.

The teepee is a basic set up. The guy used what look like 12ft 4x4 for the set up. Wood stove in the middle and no floors. Just holes and buckets to sit on. Opening had a flap over it. If it was an east wind,well,the wind would be coming in. I didnt noticed how he had the teepee anchored I did ask what he was charging. 140 dollars for 4 hours. :w00t:

Seems to be ok with others,as he was at 2/3rds full.

Thats insane money..Especially once the ice gets slushy The only times I rent huts is when I want to get up out of the slop.To each their own suppose..

does a hut operator have to pay taxes (property taxes)?

ie, can i set up 15 huts, rent them to my hearts content, then at the end of the season, take my money and run (without paying taxes)?

You first have to have insurance.(that I know for sure) Im not sure if this guy does or not. He was running it out of his pu truck :dunno: I also did not see any numbers on the teepee,s. If my memory serves me right,Cannings had numbers on all his rental huts.

I guess when the MNR make their way by,he will find out.