Navionics Gold

wkrp

I have the Navionics gold chip for my Humminbird 597ci. I only used it twice so far (both times on Simcoe) and I'm not too sure if I'm using it to its maximum potential. In terms of detail, I haven't been able to get more detail than the charts in the link below (click various parts of the lake in the link to see the different charts):

http://www.lakesimcoeoutdoors.com/lakemapscharts.php

Maybe I need to scroll through the menu system for a different setting :dunno:

In my case, I don't have a smartphone or hand held GPS so it's the only way for me to see where I am on the lake (in terms of relative depth).

Looking at the Navionics gold card now and was wondering what lakes are on it ?? Can't find any details or lists of the lakes... Just want to be sure this is the right card before spending all that cash... They are non-returnable...

Anyone have any info on these ?? Which lakes ? Georgian Bay ?

Thanks,

Tiz

How do we run both cards at the same time from one unit... For example.. Lowrance Elite 7 only has room for 1 micro SD card ?? Or do I have to insert the correct card for where I'm fishing ??

Tiz

You have to switch cards.. Some units have dual card readers, in which case you run two at the same time. No big deal swapping cards though, takes about 3 seconds.

I have hot maps and used it a couple of years, not much detail of Simcoe. I just recently got Navonics + and am using what they call sonar charts, incredible detail of the lake. What a difference.

Apparently you can upgrade from gold or hotmaps.

So far I love the product can't wait to try it out on my boat

Hoppy

On a very cold Winter day this thread on Navionics has again got me thinking about buying the right micro sd card for my Lowrance Elite-4 which I made portable. The Canada Gold 2XG seems to be the best option for my upcoming July fishing trip to Lake Nagagami near Hornepayne, Ont. I don't know if this lake is on the gold card with any depth information or will it display only an outline of the shore.

Seanik

On a very cold Winter day this thread on Navionics has again got me thinking about buying the right micro sd card for my Lowrance Elite-4 which I made portable. The Canada Gold 2XG seems to be the best option for my upcoming July fishing trip to Lake Nagagami near Hornepayne, Ont. I don't know if this lake is on the gold card with any depth information or will it display only an outline of the shore.

Seanik

It will have neither the depth contours or an outline of shore. The gold covers the great lakes, a few larger lakes ie. Lake of the Woods, the trent-severn (including the Kawarthas/Simcoe).

If Nagagami is even charted it will be on the Hotmaps series... or not at all.