West Lake Report

Well this weekend we decided to head up to west lake in Prince edward county... Left friday and returned today and not only did we have a great time but we also caught loads of fish... Started out with a stop to see Sam at Carra Outdoors, and we picked up some lures which proved useful out on the water, next up we got to our destination, West Lake Willows and spent the following days there having a great time... Scott, his wife, and father were all excellent hosts and Scott enabled us to catch a load of fish, and show us some spots for the days we were there...The first night out we caught three keepers and lots of others including whitebass, some perch and bullhead were released. Although it was pretty cold, and windy throughout the weekend we managed to catch a bunch of fish in one of the rental boats (At the moment i am actually somewhat bobbing back and forth because I have not adjusted to not being on teh water ;) )

First night we were guided for a couple of hours by Scott and these are some of the keepers

SSA51714.jpg

SSA51709.jpg

Next day we awoke at 330 not by chice but infact in anticipation and were on the water by 500 (in the morning of course) and as we were watching some TV this little guy came up and scratched at the reflection of a garbage bag on the inside of the cottage

SSA51717.jpg

Without any further delay we got out on the water, and it turned out to be a great morning lots of pics and a few keepers which went from the boat to be filleted and into the pan so no pics... this little guy was picture worthy

SSA51723.jpg

The view in the morning with sandbanks PP in the background

SSA51719.jpg

Then sunday we were again out all day coming back to base on occasion to fry up some fish and grab some lunch or dinner, and monday morning the same... We mainly did trolling these last couple of days to try and entice some bigger fish and maybe a pike and of course some more success.

SSA51727.jpg

SSA51733.jpg

SSA51718.jpg

And mondays mornings stringer was a full one minus one walleye slot we left incase we caught a biggun which never came...

SSA51738.jpg

Fortunately we saw some Conservation officers who checked us and our licences out... I was suprised but extremely glad to see em out there...

Overall a memorable and successful trip and we have got a freezer full of walleye fillets!

Hope you all enjoyed the report as it took me too long to put it together ;)

Bill

Great Report Bill, I understand the effort put into making it and very much enjoyed reading every word. Specially the part with the raccoon, and the stringer at the end of your weekend.

WTG,

Jen

I was afraid you had a picture of me running into that pile of rocks Sunday afternoon, not my proudest moment. The highlight of the day was my first really big gar pike.

WE had that guy in a live trap last week and he ripped it to pieces, your lucky you escaped with your lives. Raccoons are everywhere this year, someone told me its estimated that they number in the hundreds of thousands in P.E.C.

We got most of the smaller fish on the spinner rigs and jigs but the bigger eyes and pike were caught on husky jerks recomended by Glen and Sam at Carra.... Tell me when your coming down here Sam and we'll fry some up... my arms are sore from pulling in the fish, casting and pulling that pullstart lol Didn't see anyone hit the rocks out there... I know where youre speaking of though... any good fish from there? and did ya mess up your boat good...