Grocery Gift Cards

Entropy

So, only people who live in Toronto will get help from the Province of Ontario in the form of a Grocery Gift Card?

Oh, right there was no Ice Storm anywhere else. What about people, in need, in Port Hope, Prince Edward County, and Beaton?

Some grocery chains are donating the cards and the province is matching it $1 for $1? Is this correct?

... wait a second.... WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROVINCE DOING GIVING MY TAX $$ AWAY AS GIFT CARDS!?

Annoyed.

Entropy

some corporations can't win.

A 100% Canadian company donates gift cards and folks whine. Loblaw's sure as heck didn't say "only give them out here or there...."

Remember, they didn't have to give anything out....Loblaw's would have just been like the rest of them...but instead they stepped up.

The government is matching 1:1....ok, you don't agree with that....

But at least that is food for people, not wasted projects that have been mothballed.

to further the above, it was up to the mayor of each city to request the gift cards.

believe it or not, ole crack smoking Ford stepped up FIRST.

Hamilton is getting the cards as well. Our mayor Mr Bratina contacted the appropriate people and they started giving them out this AM.

Some folks ....

Good to hear other areas are getting 'help' from big business.

I wouldn't be whining if I weren't hurting, between my wife and I we make a good buck, but we tread into the black and red far too often. We spend very little money on 'fun' or luxuries.

If you have more than enough please remember to donate, or ask for higher taxes?

Who is looking forward to deductions from their pay cheque for OPP (Ontario Pension Plan)? I sure as hell am not, leave some money in my pocket so I can look after myself and my family, now and in the future. We aren't all helpless.

Entropy

Saw on the news where folks were lined up for the cards in Toronto but there weren't enough for everyone, but some guy showed up and was handing out $100 bills of his own money.

Pretty nice gesture !!

That sure is awesome.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that big food stores are helping, but then the Libs, go and do this.

Can you still get a card if you spent hundreds on a generator and gas to get you through it and your food wasn't spoiled? What would happen if a real disaster struck? We are woefully unprepared for the most part and there wouldn't be any food in the stores anyways...

it was below zero for the 3 days we went without power and we did not have a generator. The only food that we lost was the milk and that was because my wife made me throw it out. What and how did any food get spoiled, my house was a great big refrigerator. I don't get it, great for Loblaws's but the Liberals are just buying votes again

When I go to the cottage in the winter, I don't plug in the fridge.

The great outdoors works great, put it in a cooler or sealed container.

I don't get why food was spoiled?

My thoughts exactly.

Perishable food could surely have been kept in the garage, balcony or trunk of car.

It's in the summer when you get pooched

Would have lost a bit like veggies, fruit and eggs but the rest would have been fine getting frozen