ANy Tree people in GTA?

jedimaster

Just wanted to see if anyone here has the ability to fell Huge trees in Toronto. Branches will need to be tied off for this tree to be felled. Its in the front yard and is huge. Damaged in the ice storm and own wants it removed. has a 6 week windows without the need for a permit to drop it.

Let me know if you do or know of a person.

I am betting the quotes are going to be at a premium till they get caught up with the damage done. If you can stabilize it till this spring you will not pay as much.

Art

The trouble with that as a relative of mine has found out is that until the offending trees are removed you CAN'T get your hydro hooked back up because it is too dangerous for the workers.

vance

Ahhh good point I didn't think about that as an issue. That would put you in the category of being bent over the barrel. lol Down here the power company will destroy the trees as needed to restore power and the homeowner is responsible for getting it to the ground and cleaned up. In fact if you drop a tree on a power line you are fined for not calling them out first to trim it to a safe distance from the line. They also have the right to maintain any trees on an easement that you turn over to them to get power to your house. The trees are trimmed in concern of the lines not for how they will look after they are done butchering them.

Art

The real issue in Toronto, Art, is you can't cut any trees over, I believe, 6" in diameter without a mega dollar permit.. and in m any cases they won't let you cut at all. I commented to someone in the city the other day that the ice storm = a wonderful excuse to get rid of any tree you don't want right now. Cut it down.. clean it up and say the ice storm damaged it and you had no choice.

The real issue in Toronto, Art, is you can't cut any trees over, I believe, 6" in diameter without a mega dollar permit.. and in m any cases they won't let you cut at all. I commented to someone in the city the other day that the ice storm = a wonderful excuse to get rid of any tree you don't want right now. Cut it down.. clean it up and say the ice storm damaged it and you had no choice.

Sound advice Wayne :) "fell on its own" :)

They said in the paper today they are waiving those permits right now under the circumstances.

It says Quote:

"To eliminate a hazard, the city is waiving the need to obtain tree removal permits in cases where trees are greater than 30 centimeters in diameter."