Walleye Tourney

jimmer

It wasn't the anglers that did the damage !!! Read the article !!!! It was a total farce the temp was insane warm water lousy wait times to weigh the fish the release boat was not set up the fish were being held out of the water there was a lot going on !!!! You can't have a live realeases walleye tourney in 40 degree humidex and pump 25 degree water into your livewell while tourney officials made the boats wait for 45 mins to get their fish out !!!! I was there I seen it ..... Especially in mid June it was alwYs in early may when temps were colder and water was colder !!!! He was criticized right from the beginning saying it was to late to have a walleye tourney at that time in June !!!!!! The facts are the facts and he was charged ..... So garnet you are saying bass guys don't know how to handle walleyes very well ?? Ya ok .....

Go to Ontario out of doors website and read the thread " good bye sturgeon lake walleye" and read how the fish were dry dumped back into little bob lake in 25 degree water and how there were up to 30 dead fish lying dead on the bottom !!! There is all the info so you can get the info instead of making assumptions on what you think you know about it there was so much wrong it can't all be put into a post !!!! And I was there last year too for the weigh in to see how it was done and last year it was done great !!!!

As mentioned, keep the fish for a fry after. The basic reason that the fish being alive at weight-in that the fish being caught that day and not keeped from days past to win. We run a Perch derby 50 Pt. the fish must be alive to enter. What happens after we don't care. We don't have any wasted fish I tell you and everyone is happy. :)

Edited by Fish Farmer

Yes that's what I'm telling you bass guys turn there timers on and keep fishing. Walleyes need constant fresh water.

I wasn't even concerned about the air temps on Sunday. One hot day doesn't effect the water temp down 2 feet were most of our livewells draw water.

Our fish were nice green color and healthy when we weight in. But I've talked to other competitors who's fish were in bad shape when weighted. If fish are weight in in bad shape bad things happen.

We fished the main lake both days. I wouldn't have a problem with fishing in Goose Bay in those air temps and going out to the main lake. But I would never go back into Goose Bay.

The whole thing just makes me sick and I think the last guy in a chain of events got screwed and the MNR just took the easy target.

It wasn't the anglers that did the damage !!! Read the article !!!! It was a total farce the temp was insane warm water lousy wait times to weigh the fish the release boat was not set up the fish were being held out of the water there was a lot going on !!!! You can't have a live realeases walleye tourney in 40 degree humidex and pump 25 degree water into your livewell while tourney officials made the boats wait for 45 mins to get their fish out !!!! I was there I seen it ..... Especially in mid June it was alwYs in early may when temps were colder and water was colder !!!! He was criticized right from the beginning saying it was to late to have a walleye tourney at that time in June !!!!!! The facts are the facts and he was charged ..... So garnet you are saying bass guys don't know how to handle walleyes very well ?? Ya ok .....

Who brought in half dead fish to the weigh-in station? If it wasn't the anglers, who was it? Like Garnet said, he had no issues with his walleyes, why did so many other people?