Just another day on the lake. ;)

DRIFTER_016

Long weekend and things will be icing up soon, so I hit the lake this morning for a little fishin'. ;)

T'was a tad on the brisk side but you gotta earn your biguns.\

Capture_zps94f931cc.jpg

All of the small pot hole lakes and ponds were already frozen over so tomorrow may be my last open water trip of the season, time will tell.

Ended up boating a bunch of small pike in the 5-7# range and a couple of 6-8# lakers.

P3180074_zps51a90f98.jpg

IMG_24831_zpsea2bede6.jpg

Luckily it warmed up to a balmy +4 degrees so I could ditch my parka and snowmobile pants.

P3180075_zpsd6c2ac2a.jpg

Now onto the best fish of the day. :D

This big girl came out of 6 FOW on a large black dot Wolverine spoon.

When it hit, I thought I was hooked up on the rocks and until I had pulled the boat to the fish I still thought I was on bottom. Once I got on top of the fish we had drifted over deeper water and I spied her about 8' down and new she was a goodun'. Didn't weigh or measure her but I figure mid 40" and mid 20# range.

IMG_24801_zps4d02a0ff.jpg

IMG_24811_zpsdf4a1a2b.jpg

IMG_24821_zps49bc8a51.jpg

Back at it again in the morning. ;)

Great report Dave. You lead a charmed life. :)

Mike, it says that Wolverine spoons are available here:

Barney's Tackle Store erieaumarina.com Erieau Ontario, CA 519-676-4511 Dixie Dairy Bar & Tackle Shop 51 St. Catharine Street St. Thomas, Ontario, CA, N5P 2V9 519-631-1220 Grimsby Tackle 515 Main St. West Grimsby, Ontario - CA 905 9450399 Port Glasgow Bait & Sportfishing Pgbaitsportfishing.com Port Glasgow Ontario - CA 519-785-2287 SpoonMaster fishing-lures.ca Cambridge, Ontario - CA

Great report Dave. You lead a charmed life. :)

Mike, it says that Wolverine spoons are available here:

Barney's Tackle Store erieaumarina.com Erieau Ontario, CA 519-676-4511 Dixie Dairy Bar & Tackle Shop 51 St. Catharine Street St. Thomas, Ontario, CA, N5P 2V9 519-631-1220 Grimsby Tackle 515 Main St. West Grimsby, Ontario - CA 905 9450399 Port Glasgow Bait & Sportfishing Pgbaitsportfishing.com Port Glasgow Ontario - CA 519-785-2287 SpoonMaster fishing-lures.ca Cambridge, Ontario - CA

Not the same spoon Roy, the one's Dave uses are only sold in Yellowknife.

He's been teasing me with them for years. :)

Not the same spoon Roy, the one's Dave uses are only sold in Yellowknife.

He's been teasing me with them for years. :)

And for all those years your "buddy" has never thought to gift you a dozen or so? Not even one???

And for all those years your "buddy" has never thought to gift you a dozen or so? Not even one???

I like the way you think Roy. So how about it Dave? Christmas is coming soon.

(He's offered to buy them for me and mail them, but I havn't taken the plunge yet).