Someone finally charged for spearing in Napanee

It has been long in coming, with someone that is a non native, finally being charged with spearing in Napanee Ontario. Why more people are not challenged remains beyond me, given that a significant number of people have been spearing or netting walleye for over 10 years.

(Bay of Quinte)- source- The Kingston Whig Standard

outdoorguy61

______________________________________________________________________________________________

A Napanee man caught spearing fish in the Napanee River in April 2005 has been fined $950.

Peterborough District conservation officers saw Donald Bradshaw spearing walleye in the river, at that time deemed a sanctuary. Bradshaw was charged with fishing in a sanctuary and possessing a spear.

The matter was heard yesterday in the Ontario court of Justice in Napanee.

knowone should be able to net or spear....we need to concentrate on saving our worlds fishery....I think I read a report that 1/3 of the worlds fish are gone already and thats very sad to me. And yes I know a that just that one area won't make a difference but every little bit helps!

Edited by charlied

I believe I am familiar with this particular gentleman. He is very poor and very arrogant in regards to fishing violations...... I am about positive it is the same fellow. He routinely would spear far more than an angling limit. I could be wrong but I doubt it....blond hair and the name is right and the location sounds correct, assuming that in the Napanee River that Springside Park is the primary spearing location. He would usually have his wife nearby.

I have pity for subsistence food gathering and no pity for greed....which the fellow that I am thinking of has displayed on many, many occasions.

outdoorguy61

Edited by outdoorguy61

well I bet there was no one else in the area spearing fish because from what I hear if there are natives spearing in the group no police or CO will approach or interfere in any way

but it's good to see charges being laid

If I remember right this guy is protesting the natives spearing fish. He called the papers and said he was going out to spear fish. He was in the water, didn't get a chance to spear one when he was arrested.

If I am wrong (wrong person ) I apologize.

One Land, One People, One Law.

Unfortunately, most politicians are too cowardly to support the idea publically.

I'll vote for any party brave enough to table the issue.

Those citizens who voice the same statement or opinion are labelled as racist.

50 years from now we will still be arguing the same issue.

There won't be any fish or wildlife left, but the argument will continue.

Hookset.

You are confusing Native bashing with Equal rights for all.

But like I said. Any statements made are always turned back as "native bashing" or "racist".

I shouldn't have been surprised.

I won't fuel the fire by replying anymore. It's a "no winner", and will stay that way until all rights are equal.

Hookset.

Edited by Hookset