Knots

Coach B

I just read the post on floro line and was wondering if anyone has directions on the various knots. I've traditionaly used the trilene because I know how to do it well, but find it hard on certain hooks, especially when your hands are cold. Used the polamar a few times with Fireline and hated it. I kept losing strikes when the line would snap at the hook (that was before anyone told me to wet the line before your tighten it as well.) I thought fireline worked well after it had been the water a few days but was very fragile until it balanced so I don't like it for use as leaders on spinner rigs that won't be in the water until you tie it on. Have had good success the past year with Shakespears Cajun Red. Casts well, trolled fine and not too much stretch.

Have a look at some of these.

http://www.animatedknots.com/

Personally, I use the improved clinch for everything, and never have a problem. With braid, I burn the tag end off, just in case it wants to slip a little, the burnt nub won't slip thru all the way. I find fluoro, you really need to get it good and wet before you pull it tight.

Sinker

I use the improved clinch for everything to, lol, I didn't even know what it was called until I just looked at that site. Even tying leaders I just use it twice back to back, it never fails and works great with braid to. The funny thing is no one ever taught me any knots, I use to sit around and just make different knots until I found that one, now it's all I use.