Kesagami Reflections.

Moosebunk

It's too bad about the situation True North is in, I was wondering why he was slowly removing outposts from his website. I was hopeful he was just slowly upgrading them (and not painting them all pink!), but I guess not. That Partridge outpost is definitely a special place.

I hadn't realized your wife had become an NP. That's pretty great and a nice accomplishment. They are so needed up in that neck of the woods. I hope you're next ;P

It is too bad. Big undertaking 5 years ago, so much time, work, hope and headache. Maurice's other business built him up from little to a good life, and along the way he's seen some bumps in the road. This camp is almost in the right place but, if only he could have it sitting on the shores of Kesagami Lake itself. Then it would be a goldmine. The portage is easy though, the whole process 20 minutes, but for older people or families it may deter them from going. Fishing at Kesagami I find isn't "gang busters" for pike but between all the Ontario waters I've fished it has presented the biggest fish time and again. The walleye fishing can be sick too, and I do enjoy a couple hours slaying them daily, but the draw for me north these days to places like Kesagami is the hunt of truly exceptional pike, and this lake has them. It is a special place. To have had it all for a week just Bren and I, with no one else around and the fishing to ourselves, was a best Kesagami experience for us both, and a much needed time away from some Bull stinking here at home.

And as far as Bren... I hope in our future we get back north for some work. They are needed and contracts for both of us would be welcome.

Kesagami is definitely fun. But dude, you really need to get to the prairies. Same numbers of fish, but they all have that much more meat on them.

Hear ya loud and clear Craig. Last week enjoyed one of Jack Penny's articles in the In-Fisherman and another one as well listing top pike spots in North America. Jack IMO is a guru on the specie and his continual praise of Talston, Slave, La Marte and Athabasca have me believing I will have to sample one of the great fisheries at some point. Ontario fisheries are a different beast yet super rewarding nonetheless. I wouldn't pay the ridiculous prices for some of the prarie lodges that cater solely to pike BUT, somewhere like Athabasca or Slave that offers giant lakers too would be worth sampling. So question is, when are we going? lol.

Another great read and super photos. Got to admit...they are the best. That is stuff dreams are made of. Thanks for sharing!!!

Good seeing ya briefly Al. My count was off by one... less. Man what a wind next day. Hope your season ended well.

Thanks for another great report. Congrats to Brenda for her huge gator!

You know Tom... she'll take that. Taking her fishing means she'll be taking center stage everytime. She crushes me out there... she's got it man! lol.

thanks for the report, the Partridge camp looks great, that bunkie is a bonus

Never used Chris. And yeah... imagine it would come in handy when the main camp is loaded with late nighters and snorers.

Thanks for the replies gang. This is a late report that was slow to build and had to wait awhile to be posted.

Edited by Moosebunk

Hey Bunk

As Lew said your writing, fishing and photography skills are the best!

Sometimes 'Life' just gets in the way and ya hafta make time for the special one in your life, Good for you for doing just that.

Its great that Bren shares in your passion.

Great post, report and pics Thanks for taking the time

Much appreciated

Rick

Thanks so much for putting your heart and soul into these tales of your adventures.

Your description to the details is what closes the deal for me and your photo skills are second to none

Bren's beast is totally off the hook and something both of you should be proud of, Congrats!

Thanks so much for sharing

Peace

Edited by Whopper