Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Reimer is a sick joke. Get rid of this guy.

If you had a coach in yer ear,how would you play ?

He need to pull a Patrick Roy move . Go ahead trade me. he,ll play better just like the rest that have been moved.LOL

Have a coach in you ear? He's a professional goalie, not a four year old. I'm in sales, when I don't sell I lose my job and my director is in my ear letting me know. Stop feeling sorry for him and start realizing that he is not playing like crap because of Carlyle, he's playing bad because he constantly lets in soft goals, he is his own worst enemy right now. He lost confidence when they brought in bernier, which as a professional he should have known was a possibility. If bringing in a new goalie has that big of an effect then he can't play in a hockey market like Toronto. I like Reimer and appreciate everything he has done for us but he needs to go, he can't track the puck, control rebounds, or hold a puck in his glove if he is even fortunate enough to get his glove in front of it. Just my opinion but that comment that he was just okay was blown out of proportion by a media guy. Carlyle didn't say it the way it was taken by the media or how it was portrayed by Reimer. That's my 2 cents anyway

If that were true then why call a player out? If they are a pro and don't need their tires pumped then surely telling them they're not good enough is equally ineffective.

A good coach understands that there are three levels of conversation.

What he says in front to the media.

What he says in front of the team.

What he says privately to a player.

No good was going to come from Randy saying that to the media and if he doesn't understand that then he will be moving on.

Edited by kickingfrog

If that were true then why call a player out? If they are a pro and don't need their tires pumped then surely telling them they're not good enough is equally ineffective.

A good coach understands that there are three levels of conversation.

What he says in front to the media.

What he says in front of the team.

What he says privately to a player.

No good was going to come from Randy saying that to the media and if he doesn't understand that then he will be moving on.

I agree with your comment but I don't think he called him out, he was asked how he thought Reimer played and I'm sure he could have chosen better words but it was nothing really. He said okay, just okay, as in not terrible, but not great.

Have a coach in you ear? He's a professional goalie, not a four year old. I'm in sales, when I don't sell I lose my job and my director is in my ear letting me know. Stop feeling sorry for him and start realizing that he is not playing like crap because of Carlyle, he's playing bad because he constantly lets in soft goals, he is his own worst enemy right now. He lost confidence when they brought in bernier, which as a professional he should have known was a possibility. If bringing in a new goalie has that big of an effect then he can't play in a hockey market like Toronto. I like Reimer and appreciate everything he has done for us but he needs to go, he can't track the puck, control rebounds, or hold a puck in his glove if he is even fortunate enough to get his glove in front of it. Just my opinion but that comment that he was just okay was blown out of proportion by a media guy. Carlyle didn't say it the way it was taken by the media or how it was portrayed by Reimer. That's my 2 cents anyway

Well,no fishing spots for you now.LMAO

Have you yet to see a goalie for the leafs play well every game? Well enough to take the cup in the past 10+ years?

STOP BLAMING THE GOALIE.

Carlyle didn't say it the way it was taken by the media or how it was portrayed by Reimer

LMAO It was indeed.

I agree with your comment but I don't think he called him out, he was asked how he thought Reimer played and I'm sure he could have chosen better words but it was nothing really. He said okay, just okay, as in not terrible, but not great.

But he said it to the media. The Toronto media. He can say just about anything he wants in private, but to say what he said, the way he said it was a put down.

Well,no fishing spots for you now.LMAO

Have you yet to see a goalie for the leafs play well every game? Well enough to take the cup in the past 10+ years?

STOP BLAMING THE GOALIE.

LMAO It was indeed.

I only blame a goalie when they let in soft goals. All I'm saying is he will never be number 1 in Toronto so let's trade him and get something useful for our team in return.

I agree it should have been handled differently with the media but I don't think randy meant it the way it came out