Great day of walleye... And night...

mike rousseau

So for the first time this year i manage to get myself and 2 buddies in the boat to go for a big numbers day of summer walleyes... The plan was troll... Troll ... Troll... As usual... We were rigged with deep diving minnow baits as well as worm harnesses on 3 way rigs tipped with gulp...

We headed out just after noon... Lines in around 1pm... Or what magazines would say isn't a good time to fish... Well... Not the case...

We had a 12 fish limit of nice walleye in 2.5 hours... From 100-330pm... And no... We weren't deep... All fish were in 12-20 feet of crystal clear water... The walleye were biting so well that at one point we had a double header on the harnesses and I had to put my rod in the holder and stop the boat to net the 2 fish... I got the 2 walleye in the net at the same time... Sit down... Lift my rod outta the holder... Fish on... Lol... It picked it up off the bottom while I was netting the other fish....

After that

We headed to a local marina/restaurant for some burgers to fuel us up for the long trip I had planned...

We bounced around after that picking up one here and one there... Got one on a new spot...that is always great...

Then just as it gets dark (not kinda dark... I'm talking black....) I decided to try a spot... I haven't got a single walleye there all year... But my gut told me to try it...

We pulled 10 walleye outta this spot in about 1-1.5 hours.... All fish were 3+ lbs and 2 were 27" And 7-8lbs...We were just at the right place at the right time....

We finished the night with 28 walleye boated and a handful of smallies... One around 4lbs... Dropped about 10 fish easily... Well... One of us did.... Lol

We were giggling like little kids all night... Lol...

I'm just glad I was with great friends when I hit this awesome day....

Here's a few highlights...

image-53.jpg

image-54.jpg

image-56.jpg