Thinking about selling my boat.

bawbag

Think I may sell my 2011 lund rebel xl 1625 side console to upgrade to a larger boat. The motor came with a 5 year warranty when I bought it, just wondering if these are transferable? Im also wondering what work is involved in transferring the title of the boat and trailer to the new owner? One final question, I paid just under 18000 brand new for the boat what can I realistically expect to get for it now.

These might be silly questions but this is the first boat I have owned and first im looking to sell. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

check the ads (kijiji particularly) to see what your boat and/or similar goes for. part of it will depend on the market for that type of boat. the warranties should be transferrable. it will be in the documentation you got with the boat.

ownership, etc... is all the buyers responsibility. you just sign the ownership of the trailer over. and do up a bill of sale, that's all.

The market is about to be flooded with boats the fall is typically not the best time to sell to maximize the profit. On the same not the spring is not the time to replace the boat either. Best of luck on the sale. The perfect storm is buy in the fall then sell yours in the spring if it is possible,

Art

Here is everything you should need to know on how to transfer a boat registraion;

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/debs-obs-paperwork-paperwork_boat_licence-3211.htm

I just did one and it arrived in less that two weeks. You need to mail the information to New Brunswick. It does not cost anything. This is for the registration and is not an ownership. You keep the original BOS for that. The regsitration is good for 10 years.