LCD,LED,OR PLASMA nf

davey buoy

I've had my 50" plasma (Samsung) in the basement up until we moved to a new home a couple of months ago. It's now in the main floor living room, which gets a lot of natural light and is quite bright during the day. Key is that the windows are on the same wall as the TV - so as long as there's no direct light hitting the screen, plasma is totally fine. Glare/reflection is a plasma tv's kyrptonite. The overall brightness of the room hasn't impacted the picture quality at all.

+2 on the power consumption/heat - it does get pretty warm. not as efficient as an LCD/LED.

I'll be in market for another tv later in the fall, for the basement, and I'll definitely be getting another plasma.

I preffer plasma myself, and enjoy the movies and all the sports I watch on it.

My advise would be to go for a bigger screen this time, Davey. I was glad I did! Remember you don't need to sit back far away from the tv with these screens, so room size isn't an issue. And I have never heard anyone say; "Man, I wish I had gotten a smaller screen!" lol

Me too, that's why this is my basement below - Wall to wall HD theater room haha. Bluray in 7.1 surround on 113" screen sure beats a theater :)

currentstatus.jpg

My LCD recently crapped out on me, so I did some research (on a tv junkie forum, not on a fishing forum) and ended up with a Panasonic plasma. The die hards there liked plasma probably 10 to 1 over LCD/LED. That surprised me a bit, but that's the way I went and I'm very happy with my choice.

About a year ago we bought a 42" Toshiba flat screen Lcd that we enjoy very much...only complaint is with my cable company...they want an extra $15 a month for the HD converter (?) or $250 to buy it outright...what a piss-off as some companies will give it for free if you sign up with them...Unfortunately they are not in this area...

I am thinking of getting a 32" Sony or Toshiba Lcd for my bedroom once I save up enough...(Damn Hydro took the $1200 I had saved ) (reconciliation bill in June)