Denny Leeson, Rest in Peace, For Those That New Him

Fish Farmer

I worked with Denny many years and also his son Bruce.

Denny was a great asset to the community and the fishing industry.

He will be sadly missed at club meetings and the people that new him. Till we meet again my friend.

Dennis_zpsca064477.jpg

LEESON, Dennis

LEESON, Dennis Passed away peacefully in the comfort of his home after a lengthy illness, surrounded by loved ones, on August 12, 2013, at the age of 84. Beloved husband to Molly of almost 62 years. Dear father to Brian, Bruce (Ester), and Donna. Loving grand-father to Stephanie, Michael, and Sarah and great-grandfather to Emmalia. Brother to Irene (predeceased) (Frank), Bob (predeceased) (Carolyn), and Richard (Marie). He will be missed by many relatives and friends. Dennis was involved in hockey early in his life having played at the semi-pro level and coached many years in the Hamilton minor hockey system. Also he was an avid angler competing in tournaments across Southern Ontario and the United States, as well as running Lakeland Charters. Dennis founded the Hamilton Fishing Pool Project for Individuals with Special Needs. Later in life he spent many years guiding at Kesagami Wilderness Lodge. Memorial Visitation at BAY GARDENS FUNERAL HOME - "William J. Markey Chapel", 947 Rymal Road East, HAMILTON (905-574-0405) on Friday, August 16, 2013 from 4:00-8:00 p.m. In keeping with Dennis' wishes, cremation has taken place. For those who wish, donations made to Community Living - Hamilton would be appreciated.
Edited by Fish Farmer

A legend around the Hamilton fishing scene.

A true role model.

He was one of the first who sat me down and explained the importance of reading the water, looking beyond what is directly in front of me, and seeing the "big picture".

Sound fluffy...however, the advice likely helped me more than anything else I have learned to date.

He was a top notch angler, as is his son Bruce.

Sad news indeed.

Was at the Funeral home Friday and was not surprised by the amount of friends that came to pay there respects. The slide show that was put on by the family only showed you 1/2 of Denny they could not find all that they wanted to show but it was still a great reminder of what a great friend and mentor Denny Was..

He will be missed...

Rest in Peace my Friend and Mentor