Liquid Rollers - anyone use it?

Lunker Larry

I wrestle with launching my pontoon boat every spring and fall due to low water and am thinking about trying a product called Liquid Rollers (available at BPS).

Has anyone ever used it? I realize it is probably silicone, but is it wet or dry silicone? Those in the know, is there a cheaper alternative?

I want something I can put on in the fall before putting the boat away for the winter and it will still be effective in the spring so please no suggestions of PAM or WD40 and such please. :)

Liquid roller is really slick stuff. I use it on the ranger trailer bunks and before it would not budge till you floated 1/2 the boat. Even after a year it will slide off the trailer with a gentle push with just the back in the water. Be warned do not unchain the front of the boat till you see how slick it is I have seen boats slide off the bunks at the launch as they backed down. I kid you not it is that slick. I launched the boat and then sprayed the trailer it was dry when I returned 4 hours later. Worth every penny.

Art

Thanks Art. That seems to be the common opinion on the internet regarding this stuff along with the warning about not unhooking the boat until it is in the water.

Think I'll stop in at BPS and pick up a couple cans on my way to the Falls next weekend.

Larry

I bought a 2 x 6 x 16 foot composite decking board at Lowes, cut it in half and installed it when one of my bunks broke about a month ago. So far it works well, even in shallow water where i had to push the boat off, it just slid off quite easily. That stuff is not cheap, but cheaper than UHMW. Cost me under $50 for both bunks taxes in.

Rob C

Here is a link to the ad so you know what it is and it can be purchased from westmarine as one place. They can ship if you want.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&partNumber=1244805&langId=-1&searchKeyword=liquid+roller#

Art

westmarine is not carrying it in Canada, the makers will not change the labels to include french , so no liquid roller here

anyone find it anywhere else?????????????????????????????????????????