to all the muskie anglers

peter23

I have always been a bucktail kind of guy while muskie fishing but have never given suicks or sledges a try. yes I have used bulldogs, cranks etc. but many people have been saying that suicks and sledges have been there go-to lures for fishing skis. ii have a couple of each but they have barely hit the water. just wondering if you guys can give me tips as to which colors work best in the kawarthas, where to fish these jerkbaits and how to fish them.

thanks!

Peter

Most productive Sledge for me is a Strawberry color and for Suicks, perch works well, and for both baits I recommend the largest, weighted version.

In warm water work them fast and eratic over heavy weeds and you'll do well.

Biggest thing for me with those 2 baits is rhythm... They take some getting used to...

And like Dax suggested... Hell hounds are good baits... Especially for anglers new to herbaits/glidebaits....You can't work them wrong... And they are already weighted to sink slowly...

Edited by Mike Rousseau

I threw my strawberry Sledge for a couple hours this morning and all I got for my troubles was a silly bass that thought he was a big fish. :lol:

Should of trolled with a worm harness. :rofl2:

And stop fishing for them bass,they will hurt your shoulder. :D