Litte Southern Report

mattyk

Had a chance to go out today and fish the falls of the Ohio river in here in Louisville. The river was finally low enough to fish. You can catch pretty much anything in this river including: walleye, sauger, white bass, stripers, hybrid bass, smallmouth, largemouth, paddle fish, carp, gar, etc. Today i fished for a two hours using Jigs and small crank baits. I was able to catch a few small saugers, a few white bass, two drums, a few shad and a new species i have never caught before a small flat head catfish. Now im just looking forward to coming up to ontario to fish for some muskies soon.

Falls of the Ohio River

gallery_396_174_11444.jpg

Falls of the Ohio River

med_gallery_396_174_11604.jpg

Small Flat Head

med_gallery_396_174_84757.jpg

Small sauger

med_gallery_396_174_125273.jpg

White bass

med_gallery_396_174_94895.jpg

i will be only coming up for the summer I have 6 weeks off from work, so i will be spending that time fishing! I will be probably be here for another 2 years until i finish my dissertation. i am trying to convince my wife to move to Ontario.

Hey...great report Matt! It's great to see success from fellow shore anglers...nice mix of fish too. Six weeks off work...wow...I'm sure you'll have a great time fishing!! Sign up your wife on here with her own OFC username...we'll all convince her to move up here....LOL.

Geez, that's a great place to fish, never know what you're gonna get....thanks for sharing...

maureen

Don't mean to step on Matt's thread but down here while fishing most rivers or lakes that contain multi species those jigs with twister tails will catch anything at any time of the year.

Whopper