Cameron Lake

Believer

Same as all kawarthas, weedlines!

I forget the name of the bay on the south side of the lake, but there is a marina/campground at the back end of it. I have connected with walleyes on the deeper weed edges of that bay, using orange mister twisters and a slow drift.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the replies. You got the lake Rich, I forgot there were a few Cameron lakes but it is the Kawarthas. Will definately be trolling around a bit with my fish finder and i have the navionics app for my iphone as well N.A.W. Will let you guys know how it goes.

Too late the pike are there already !!!! Grrrr .... And one was caught in sturgeon lake about 2 weeks ago

Well that's not good news, but no surprise either. I guess I'd better start teaching my son how to fish pike, because muskies are gonna be slim pickins by the time he's my age.

I'm not much help on cameron, haven't fished it in years. However, my son and I caught 5 keeper walleye and 3 over slots on another kawartha lake this morning pulling haarnesses along main lake weed edges. Slow troll 1.3-1.5mph. We caught a few bass and crappies as well.

S.

I've fished Cameron a few times this year and have a friend with a place on the burnt who fishes it every weekend. Have not seen a pike yet... fingers crossed. I don't concentrate on walleye but we get a few incidentals. There's a few obvious weedlines you'll see there and weed humps that should have some wally's.

Pike will devour the Cameron musky population!! Very unfortunate but inevitable. Please do not release them if you catch them. Maybe we can get another 10-15 years of decent musky fishing before it goes.

Pike will devour the Cameron musky population!! Very unfortunate but inevitable. Please do not release them if you catch them. Maybe we can get another 10-15 years of decent musky fishing before it goes.

Definitely.

The one pictured above made for a nice evening snack.

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the info. Worked out to be a pretty good weekend. 2 Small muskies and a large mouth on spinner baits on the north west side in 5 to 8 feet of water and a nice size small mouth and an eater walleye on an X rap working the south end. For the most part the fish i were marking were in 20 - 25 feet of water though. Must have been hiding from the weather.

Anyway thanks again guys, always cool to fish a new lake.

• 8 months later...