Lost a Live target dark crayfish

davey buoy

Checking stock at canadian tire,looks like these crayfish are now $13.99,with tax $15.80 WOW. This lure has caught a lot of fish and really do want to replace it. Anyone no of another brand that may work just as well/better in there experiance?.If so wouldn't mind getting one/two. Live target is getting expensive.It caught large Pike,Bass,crappie,perch etc.Will bite the bullet if needed,just curious about alternatives?.Thanks.

You better stay away from musky fish'n :lol:

Lew I have bought /own 9 musky baits lol. This crayfish is only 2-3" long.I can by a musky killer for that price or bulldog.Just trying to justify. :wallbash: .The prices have gone through the roof.Argueably,the best all around lure though for me.

Edited by davey buoy

Fill up at the CDN Tire gas bar when they give out 10X CT money as a reward. After a few fill ups you'll be able to walk in and get a free one with CT money.

They've "given" me a ton of free lures over the last few years just for gassing up my truck

Fill up at the CDN Tire gas bar when they give out 10X CT money as a reward. After a few fill ups you'll be able to walk in and get a free one with CT money.

They've "given" me a ton of free lures over the last few years just for gassing up my truck

That's how I buy most of my fishing stuff.I fill everyday,so the multipler is great. Might cost me three bucks this week out of my own pocket,but looking to see if anything else is close to or as good?

Dave I have used lots of lures over the years and some are left forgotten in the stack of boxes never to fulfill the promises they lured me in with. I have assembled a bag that is my grab and go bag and it has lures that are time proven for different styles of fishing. The bass bag has an assortment of lures from topwater to dragging worms that will produce all year long at a local private lake. The topwater lures are the green frog and the mouse from live target. The crawfish lure is very productive used in a jigging manner and it has a vertical fall that drives the fish nuts. I recently added a new lure made by mega bass that is a topwater that has an action that is awesome. It is expensive though but check Ebay some of the sellers seem to get them at a reduced price. My spinnerbait selection is mainly white and chrome since it seems to be the prefered color. I round out the mid level of the water column with the white bandit 4-6ft model. The bottom is shakey rigs with senco's and 10 inch worms. While there are many different lures to fall in love with you will find the few ones that are must haves and the live target is one of them in my book.

Art

Dave I have used lots of lures over the years and some are left forgotten in the stack of boxes never to fulfill the promises they lured me in with. I have assembled a bag that is my grab and go bag and it has lures that are time proven for different styles of fishing. The bass bag has an assortment of lures from topwater to dragging worms that will produce all year long at a local private lake. The topwater lures are the green frog and the mouse from live target. The crawfish lure is very productive used in a jigging manner and it has a vertical fall that drives the fish nuts. I recently added a new lure made by mega bass that is a topwater that has an action that is awesome. It is expensive though but check Ebay some of the sellers seem to get them at a reduced price. My spinnerbait selection is mainly white and chrome since it seems to be the prefered color. I round out the mid level of the water column with the white bandit 4-6ft model. The bottom is shakey rigs with senco's and 10 inch worms. While there are many different lures to fall in love with you will find the few ones that are must haves and the live target is one of them in my book.

Art

Thanks again,i can see a replacement tomorrow, What can you do. You are right about the money we all spend on tackle,but really there is only a handfull or so that seem to work most times for most of us.

Edited by davey buoy

I've had a lot of success with the Rebel crayfish. A real deal at 7.99 for a few inches of plastic with hooks <_< , but I can't say how it fishes compared to the live target one. I struggle to pay their prices, even with the CTC cash

I would rather spend the extra few bucks on a quality lure that has proven itself, that try to replace it with cheaper crap.

Is this post an intended shot at purchasing a Big O? If so, have you ever tried one? They are by Cotton Cordell, who make quality lures.

The big O crawdad has caught me countless bass, many walleye and even a couple of Muskie.

Was in crappy tire yesterday checking out the crankbaits. Your right the prices are bordering ridiculous. I guess as long as we keep buying them the prices will keep increasing. My issue with the higher prices is were not getting a better made product most of the time to justify the cost. One of my favorite trolling cranks is the Rapala Taildancer. I probably have ten and half of them the finish is coming off in chunks the size of a dime after being used only a few times.

Over the last two years I have been using Reef Runner cranks and have about twenty five different ones. There only eight bucks each and I have had zero issues with the finish staying on them. The problem with them is that probably half of them dont run properly out of the box and have to be hand tuned to get them working right. I guess thats the price you pay for a cheaper lure. But I will tell you that they catch big eyes and Northerns for me on the Ottawa River and BOQ where I use them the most. Needless to say I left Crappy empty handed yesterday, I can get more for my money at my local independent tackle shop. Crappy Tire is definitely not passing their buying power back to the customer. I would say they are twenty percent more expensive then anywhere else in my area at least.

Was in crappy tire yesterday checking out the crankbaits. Your right the prices are bordering ridiculous. I guess as long as we keep buying them the prices will keep increasing. My issue with the higher prices is were not getting a better made product most of the time to justify the cost. One of my favorite trolling cranks is the Rapala Taildancer. I probably have ten and half of them the finish is coming off in chunks the size of a dime after being used only a few times.

Over the last two years I have been using Reef Runner cranks and have about twenty five different ones. There only eight bucks each and I have had zero issues with the finish staying on them. The problem with them is that probably half of them dont run properly out of the box and have to be hand tuned to get them working right. I guess thats the price you pay for a cheaper lure. But I will tell you that they catch big eyes and Northerns for me on the Ottawa River and BOQ where I use them the most. Needless to say I left Crappy empty handed yesterday, I can get more for my money at my local independent tackle shop. Crappy Tire is definitely not passing their buying power back to the customer. I would say they are twenty percent more expensive then anywhere else in my area at least.

Even my smokin joe is losing paint,great bait in the 3/8 size.Ridiculous is right.If I'm buying a bulldog,musky Killer etc for a couple bucks more at best,the 2" crayfish,I don't get it.

Is this post an intended shot at purchasing a Big O? If so, have you ever tried one? They are by Cotton Cordell, who make quality lures.

The big O crawdad has caught me countless bass, many walleye and even a couple of Muskie.

Will grab one,what colour works for you best.Thanks