Algonquin interior trip report

muskymatt

Our yearly A-park was a little late this year due to a late ice off and then trouble scheduling days off for the 4 of us going. A Wed 4am departure had us at the launch site on Cedar lake by 9am and rady for our 7hr 3 portage trek into our campsite.

Met a few folks on the paths on the way in and all had said fishing was tough, that they had shut down the week before, not looking good.

Wed we had a 32 oz steak on the fire each, :clapping::worthy:

Needless to say we had good leftover steak and egg breakfasts for the next several days :w00t:

Thursday was so windy we were stuck on shore, but the camp got set up pretty well for the rest of the time.

Friday we did a portage into another lake to see if the smaller back lakes were producing, we had only luck with 3 Brookies.

Saturday we stuck to the lake we were camped on and decided to try and figure out what it would take to get the fish to bite. After several hrs we were able to determine that the Brookies were stuck to bottom in 12-16 FOW and almost dragging a blue and silver spinner tipped with a worm was the only thing that peaked their interest. We were able to boat 5 in 9hrs, not hugely productive but fish none the less.

Another fantastic trip with good buds! :clapping:

Here are a few pics

Copy of DSCF1334.JPG

Copy of DSCF1323.JPG

Edited by muskymatt

Jeasus Matt,

Don't tell me you were in charge of getting the fire started??? LMAO (Too funny!)

Looks like a great trip. I miss the days of portageing into remote lakes, not finding another soul around you.

Thanks for bringing back memories for me.

Cheers, Ron...

Jeasus Matt,

Don't tell me you were in charge of getting the fire started??? LMAO (Too funny!)

Looks like a great trip. I miss the days of portageing into remote lakes, not finding another soul around you.

Thanks for bringing back memories for me.

Cheers, Ron...

Amazing eh Ron? lmao I actually didn't lite myself on fire this time :good::w00t::wacko:

It was awesome, at one point it was so quiet it was deafening.

A 5 day trip was just a teaser, would have liked to stay a month. B)