Not a bad idea. NF

Dave Bailey

The 1600 CC volkswagen was rated between 40 and 50 H.P. stock and runs without a load around 210 F and starts to destruct at 235 F. Air cooled as they are I would see this thing sending a lot of them to the garage with a blown motors and drivetrain issues. However it is cool to see that someone has do this.

Art

The 1600 CC volkswagen was rated between 40 and 50 H.P. stock and runs without a load around 210 F and starts to destruct at 235 F. Air cooled as they are I would see this thing sending a lot of them to the garage with a blown motors and drivetrain issues. However it is cool to see that someone has do this.

Art

I was thinking along similar lines, and the addition of the trailer may have also altered the airflow around the rear resulting in less cooling, but I can't say for sure. But the way the commentator was talking it sounded to me as if this wasn't exclusive to VWs, but perhaps intended as a conversion for other vehicles too.

I can clearly see why it didn't take off.

Even if that trailer was made out of the lightest composites of the time, once loaded with camping gear and the family for a weeks vacation.... No way that bug would be able to stop for red lights...

The concept if very cool though.

Edited by N.A.W