Provincial Park recommendation

I'm going to say Arrowhead. It was my favourite PP as a kid. Natural waterslide, three beaches and most importantly for kids. Lots of other kids to play with. Huntsville is 5 minutes away so the wife can go to town to break up the wilderness experience. My fondest memories growing up are my 2 weeks spent there every summer.

right at about 4 hours for you is Restoule,quiet park,good hiking trails,bike trails,park has 2 beaches,,can access Stormy lake from the park to give you a more secluded remote experience,park and lake has little traffic compared to others farther south. The fishing is great for walleye,smallies,musky,lakers and pike.Excellent waterfront sites also. North bay only 40 minutes away for day trips.Amazing scenery.

Another is Bonnechere PP near Pembroke,again will be 4 hours for you,but great park with an awesome beach. Has a ton of great waterfront sites and fishing is good for bass,pike and walleye. When we went we did a day trip to Ottawa and Hull and also did a day of whitewater rafting.Again amazing scenery.

If you want anymore info on either just ask,I have also been to Bon Echo and Sharbot Lake both are nice and have great features as well.

Some of the parks farther south such as balsam,six mile,emily and south Algonquin are nice but very busy and lots of boat traffic,if you want a quieter more relaxed setting the others will offer more of that.

Edited by bowslayer

Do you have a back up plan? Don't get too upset if they don't share your vision or passion for camping. I never liked it, my idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn Express.

The last few times I tried, and I've tried more than a few times, I stayed at a motel and went back to the campsite every morning after a soak in the spa and a breakfast served to me on real plates with silverware.

When I have to hang my food from a tree so the bears don't get to it I'm outta there. I asked my girlfriend at the time, how in the hell did the bear get out of the zoo?

Hey guys, thanks for all the help. My wife and I have decided on algonquin

Good choice Dave I've been there. We advertise a lot about Ontario's parks in our Ontario Travel Magazine but don't get into details about noise . . . We let the comsumer decide on what they need.

My wife and kids wanted to try it many years back and we bought tent, sleeping bags. . . Only used once, they like Yorkdale better lol.

Murphys point PP has everything a family would want. If you're considering Silver lake then the Big Rideau is not much further. Very nice, did 7 years there when my kids were young.

Quiet, private(depending on which site you get), lots to do and good fishing