A day of playing in the river- Updated!

Went out again yesterday (and will be again tomorrow), not as eventful as the last trip but I was much happier with the colours of the fish and the lack of other fishermen :D

We left later than the last time, on the river by 10 am, we tried about 1km above the last spot, since we figured most of them had moved up. Found some great water and saw fish, but they didn't seem to want anything to do with flies or bait, caught 3 smolts though which were fun. So we headed back down not far from the last week's pools. Almost immediately I saw and hooked fish. I was fishing some riffles just above a larger pool, there were some not so experienced anglers (aka tuna rods) in the pool and with every cast they spooked fish up to me, I waited 5 minutes or so and then casted to them, a nice little system lol! Heres the first...

(I know it looks like I caught it in the fin, but if you follow the line you can see the fly in it's mouth :) )

_DSC9324b_zps98c06963.jpg

_DSC9332b_zps31983435.jpg

After that we headed down to the fast water, not as many fish as last time but enough to keep me busy :) It took a while and we went through some suckers first but eventually I got another, took some drag, jumped a couple times and eventually subsided.

_DSC9519c_zps7ad601d2.jpg

_DSC9535b_zps6113cb42.jpg

Got 1 more smolt after that, hooked a really nice silver one but lost it at the bank, and lost a few others, and that wrapped up the day. Here are a few more pics if anyone is interested.

_DSC9543b_zps61e93c7d.jpg

_DSC9585b_zps6e556855.jpg