Fishermen & boaters DANGER !!!!!

fishindevil

Hey everyone just a heads up here in the Kawartha lakes and other areas if you are going out on the lakes be very aware of all the debris on the water there are floating docks trees and wood and crap floating all over the lakes !!!!!!!!!!! Do not just fly down the lakes in your boat !!!!!!! I watched all kinds of stuff through my binoculars out on my lake floating around !!!!! Be safe take care

There are permanent docks here on sturgeon lake that will stick out 30-50ft and they are under water !!!!! Trust me you don't want to hit one of them !!!! Even our boat launch is completely filled with large pieces of debris and large 6x6 post pieces and dock boards and stumps !!!!!!! So anything like that would tear a nice hole or eject you from your boat !!!!!! And now even bouys are under water marking channels and shoals !!!!!!! Be very careful !!!!!! Remember : "if you don't know don't go" and be safe and don't hurt yourself or wreck your boat !!!!!!

I'll second that warning, I have already pulled enough wood from the lake just off my dock to keep my fire pit going for the summer. Some of the logs that I have seen are huge but floating just at the surface, you wouldn't be able to see them until it was far too late. One that my neighbor and I saw float by on Sunday had to be 30' long and at least 18" in dia..

Water levels on Sturgeon Lake seem to be holding steady but they are calling for another 15 mm of rain over the next two days. The dams and rivers are already over flowing so this could add to the mess.

Was out on pigeon yesterday fishing some structure in about 10 fow... turned out to be someones dock. All the reed islands are under water. Be very careful if you are on pigeon. Highest water level in 100 years according to a guy I talked to that lives on the lake. I was actually fishing shorlines that were obviously peoples back yards. Saw some swing sets 2 feet under.

there are floating docks trees and wood and crap floating all over the lakes !!!!!!!!!!!

I've always thought there should be some sort of regulation where if you leave your dock, raft or anything else in the water over the winter, you should have it secured to shore somehow to prevent it from floating away in the high water of spring.

Ice fishermen have to have a registration number on their permanent huts and remove them at a certain time to prevent them from sinking when the ice melts.

I don't even know if it's enforcible or not, but I sure don't ever want to hit a 20' dock floating just under the surface of the lakes.

Highest I have seen the water level in my 27 years on Pigeon Lake. I just removed most of the wood from my aluminium dock to prevent it from floating away. Caught it just in time. Now I have floating islands all over my shoreline. I sure hope I can catch the water when it's receeding so I can push those darn things out and not be stuck with them all summer. I sure hope everyone listens to the warnings, they are real.

Yah, I know pigeon fairly well and I can tell you it was very very unnerving cruising around even at low speeds as I knew that there were supposed to be islands in placeses where there were none. Some of the docks looked like there are a foot under water. Ber very very careful.