Toronto Terror Attack thwarted - NF

jedimaster

Anyone catch this?

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/04/22/suspects_in_toronto_terror_plot_arrested_sources.html

The RCMP says it has thwarted a terrorism plot to derail a VIA passenger train bound on an undisclosed route with support from Al Qaeda in Iran, police announced Monday

Edited by jedimaster

Always wondered why people get so worked up about things? If people just came over, worked a job and made some friends, shoot the breeze with the neighbours over a cold bevvy and share some time in a boat, they might realize that theres only so much to be concerned about?

Always wondered why people get so worked up about things? If people just came over, worked a job and made some friends, shoot the breeze with the neighbours over a cold bevvy and share some time in a boat, they might realize that theres only so much to be concerned about?

Tell em to pick up a rod!

To be honest if this forum was fishing only with no non fishing topics allowed I wouldn't be a member here. This is a pretty HUGE story for Canada and Ontario. When was the last time there was a terrorist or attempted terrorist attack on Canadian soil. Very disturbing and hopefully this isn't going to be repeated.

To be honest if this forum was fishing only with no non fishing topics allowed I wouldn't be a member here. This is a pretty HUGE story for Canada and Ontario. When was the last time there was a terrorist or attempted terrorist attack on Canadian soil. Very disturbing and hopefully this isn't going to be repeated.

Agreed Jedi. Well said.

I'm shocked that this is the first. I wonder how many are avoided by the guys and girls that never get the kudoes that they deserve for keeping us Canadians safe.

My hat goes off to every police officer or person who protects us behind the scenes.

As for these terrorist attempts this is just the start IMO they hate us and want to take away our freedom. No I am not saying everyone does but all with there beliefs do and they will not stop.

these are not the days of our parents or grandparents that immigrated to Canada... Such as my family did during the war..

There are people wanting to come here with ill intent, with training and determination, with one sole purpose. Mayhem.

I hate to say this but we need more stringent immigration laws...

this problem is two fold.. Canadians are not procreating enough to keep the governments tax revenue flowing... which is the biggest reason we have opened up to allow just about anyone to immigrate here... additional tax revenue.

It's all about dollars and cents.

We need more investigation done on those that wish to come here... especially from areas that are known hotspots for this sort of thing..

G

Interesting that the House of Commons had its agenda modified so that the debate today would focus on a Terrorist Act?

You don't think the Government may have had an inkling about the RCMP announcement!!!!!!!!!!

A mere coincidence or plain politics.

Just my .05 (can't use pennies anymore)

David aka Superdad

Rcmp doesn't blink without the govt knowing about it.yoy can bet your bottom dollar that the higher ups all knew about this planned attack. Apparently the two charged are going to be In court tomorrow. I hope an example is made big time. Not in my backyard.

these are not the days of our parents or grandparents that immigrated to Canada... Such as my family did during the war..

There are people wanting to come here with ill intent, with training and determination, with one sole purpose. Mayhem.

I hate to say this but we need more stringent immigration laws...

this problem is two fold.. Canadians are not procreating enough to keep the governments tax revenue flowing... which is the biggest reason we have opened up to allow just about anyone to immigrate here... additional tax revenue.

It's all about dollars and cents.

We need more investigation done on those that wish to come here... especially from areas that are known hotspots for this sort of thing..

G

What rock has everyone been hiding under? Everyone is just regurgitating talking points they hear in a news flash. Speak to people of other cultures and pick their brains sometime. You will learn a hell of a lot more than from any article or some made up news anchor that spews what they want you to read and hear. In my line of work I have met many from those so called hot spots so I don't harbor any rosy illusions of what the future might bring.

You think this can be stopped? This is just the natural progression of humanity and any amount of money and human resources cannot stop it. Might wanna wake up now, the unicorns and butterflies ain't here anymore.

Edited by moxie

Not everytime will it get stopped but clearly in this instance it was stopped. Whatever money was spent on stopping it was worth it. Ask the victims of any terror attack if they would chip in some tax money to have there mother, father, brother, sister, child, legs or arms back.

I would spend more time looking at the immigration act... then the terrorist act. Stopping the safe harbour of these trained and hardened trouble makers would be a wise decision. This is Canada, not where-ever-it-is-you-came-from. When my family came here they wanted to become Canadian! They did just that, they learned to speak English by reading the telephone book (No joke) they did not come here to tell us Christmas is the devil, Jesus is a pagan, and Mary was a sinner...

No they came here for the quality of life that Canada afforded... this is not true today... You actually had to be tested to come to Canada and you were denied if you did not pass the test and screening!

Today immigrants are a number on the tax roll and we let anyone in... claim refugee, claim asylum.. claim you are against walmart in Pakistan and you are allowed in...

Thats the cold hard truth. We are importing these "issues"

I am not against immigration.. as I come from an immigrant family... I am against the lax laws we have today regarding it! are we really in that bad of shape that we have to import cab drivers and strippers?

Blame the governments greed for tax revenue for the current mess we are in.. that the cold hard truth.

Moxie... again you are showing your true colours. Opps you edited your post... to look like less of a jerk... LOL too funny

G

Edited by Gerritt

I would spend more time looking at the immigration act... then the terrorist act. Stopping the safe harbour of these trained and hardened trouble makers would be a wise decision. This is Canada, not where-ever-it-is-you-came-from. When my family came here they wanted to become Canadian! They did just that, they learned to speak English by reading the telephone book (No joke) they did not come here to tell us Christmas is the devil, Jesus is a pagan, and Mary was a sinner...

No they came here for the quality of life that Canada afforded... this is not true today... You actually had to be tested to come to Canada and you were denied if you did not pass the test and screening!

Today immigrants are a number on the tax roll and we let anyone in... claim refugee, claim asylum.. claim you are against walmart in Pakistan and you are allowed in...

I am not against immigration.. as I come from an immigrant family... I am against the lax laws we have today regarding it! are we really in that bad of shape that we have to import cab drivers and strippers?

Blame the governments greed for tax revenue for the current mess we are in.. that the cold hard truth.

Moxie... again you are showing your true colours.

G

It cannot be stopped.

Moxie out.

Moxie... again you are showing your true colours.

G

They werent Canadians at all..So I agree that we need to crack down on these low lifes.. They need to be usefull to our country to some extent, and they shouldnt be allowed to take work from us either. Other wise sorry no entry..The only other option would be to move far north and burry our heads in the sand while all Hell breaks loose..Its a commin..

Edited by tb4me

This is a pretty HUGE story for Canada and Ontario. When was the last time there was a terrorist or attempted terrorist attack on Canadian soil. Very disturbing and hopefully this isn't going to be repeated.

No real dangers since the days of the FLQ.

After that mess the RCMP was crucified in the "dirty tricks" scandal for getting their hands dirty trying to keep Canadians safe