Costly Mistake

easton13th

Well.

I debated posting this over and over.

I caught this 35.5 inch pike, at the BOQ opener, it weighed in at 9.6lbs.

WELL here is the mistake part. I did not register it in the derby.! :wallbash:

Why ? You ask. I don't know. My father wanted to keep it and I did not expect it to come close to placing.

Would have placed 4th in the pike division.

It in the long and the short of it, cost me a Fish finder and a rod and reel combo. Aprox. value $800.00.

I am still kicking my self.

Easton

When in doubt register the fish.

ofn_pike.jpg

Nice fish! How did that tank taste?

Sucks about the derby...and not to kick you while you're down...but your OFC tourney sign ain't legal either.... :o

SORRY Easton...missed the paper under the fish as it's so light/bright you can't read it. All I saw was the big one above it and .com isn't on it.

Edited by irishfield

Man alive, that sucks! Sorry to hear about that Easton. I was out there too, I had a walleye in the livewell that probably woulda placed, maybe 7th and up, but my ol man wanted to wait till the end of fishing before weighing it. Well, it died in the livewell. :wallbash:

Lessons are best learned this way...

We caught the illegal OFC sign when the pictures were being taken Irishfield... slipped that one in under his fish, on the back of a parking ticket... His sign is nice... and what the heck , why not help out the other teams just a little. Bad enough that pike didn't make the half hour live release test we couldn't have it not living on in a OFC tournament post.

It was a nice catch none the less Easton, too bad the live well isn't big enough for fish like that!

Cheers,

Jen

Edited by Jen