Awesome FREE stuff.

limeyangler

Hi all.

I am just about to make the switch from PC to Mac.

Was just about to hand over cash when i found this resource. Just saved myself over $100 for some books including OS X Mountain Lion: The Missing Manual and Imac for Dummies.

Hard copies are available to purchase but the 'ebook' PDF downloads are free.

Hope this does not break forum rules....but here is the link.

http://it-ebooks.info/

Hi all.

Was just about to hand over cash when i found this resource. Just saved myself over $100 for some books including OS X Mountain Lion: The Missing Manual and Imac for Dummies.

sounds great but we are not as up to speed as some of u re computers what does that mean

Hi all.

sounds great but we are not as up to speed as some of u re computers what does that mean

Hey John,

Its basically a site where you can download free copies of various books about different computer topics. Use the search feature on the site as you would use google, ie type in whole titles or keywords (make sure google box it ticked), and you should find a publication that answers your question.

Edited by limeyangler

Good luck switching over to a Mac Simon. Love mine.

Yup I will never go back to WinBlows... EVER.. Welcome to the dark side :ninja:

G

Yeah....hoping to like mine too. Going for a bit of a beastie machine...3.4Ghz i7....32GB Ram....1TB Fusion Drive...27" screen. My videos and pics were due a makeover!

The only thing I understood about what you are saying here Simon is the 27 inch screen :P A computer geek I am not.

LOL....me either Steve. But i'm becoming a bit more interested in the whole computer thing by the day....have even been looking at going back to school to get up to speed on all this stuff....the more i look into it the more i realise i know NUFFINK!

non integrated video and sound card included?> if not, then your video/pictures and music won't see much of an upgrade even with the massive amount of RAM and speedy processor

YES....it comes with 'non-intergrated' GPU.

The model I have chosen comes standard NVIDIAGeforce GTX 675MX with 1GB of dedicated memory (GDDR5) , however, i chose to upgrade that and mine will be shipped with a GTX 680MX with 2GB GDDR5 memory.

Edited by limeyangler

I've used macs since 2002 and I got my first oneMacBook Pro laptop over a year ago and love it. Portability of a laptop is awesome, I dont think I could go back to desktop.

I hear ya, some argue that the desktop's days are numbered. At the moment though I use my blackberry on the go(In McD's typing this at the moment). The Macbook Pro is an awesome machine....particularly with the 'Retina' display....maybe in the future...but a high spec desktop still suits our individual and family needs.

Just placed the order yesterday....including AppleTV. Now that gizmo looks cool....with the latest version of OS X I can wireless stream all of my desktop content to my HDTV.....in up to 1080 resolution. So basically I should be cancelling my satellite subscription....lol.