Was there ever a point where you switched species ?

muskymatt

I quite literally try to fish for as many species as possible each year...some years I focus more on some than others, but that's mostly circumstantial. This summer, I'm going after creek/river specks, only because I want to know where they are.

North Bay is a great place for fishing diversity...and I plan on mining that for all its worth.

I went through a full-out muskie phase that I've since abandoned, I still enjoy targeting them once in awhile, there's nothing like casting/ trolling big baits in G Bay waters in the fall, magical!

now, my favorite species to try to figure out is walleye

Edited by chris.brock

With all due respect Rich, digging up a picture to prove you caught something hasn't always worked out well for you. Keep stirring the pot and it might backfire on you. Expessing an interest in one species of fish doesn't make you an elitest any more than it makes an expert on the subject. Some people are just more passionate about it than others.

I love muskie fishing as much as I love salmon and rainbow fishing. Carp, walleye, bass, pike are fun too but don't offer the same thrill for me. I make time every year for other species but the bulk of my time is spent on LSC and Lake O.

Kind of like digging up internet posts from 8 yrs ago that nobody else remembers eh?

Dont use the term with all due respect if you have none for me. Sorry I disagree that musky are the supreme ultimate man fish. Guess my focus is a passion on FISHING .

Edited by Rich

one thing to agree on.

if yer fishin your not cutting the lawn or driving to a mall. species truly dont matter. from carp/trout to muskies...

enjoy it while you can. how many folks wish they did something,then life changes....

just go fish.

Bingo!

why anyone in ontario would limit themselves to one species with such a wide variety available is beyond me :dunno:

we're extremely lucky to live in a region with so many different water bodies and species of fish. take advantage of it!

I grew up fishing bass (and catching lots of panfish at the same time) but a few years ago I started catching walleye, pike, musky and lakers. Musky is my favourite but I love just fishing for anything. I'm going to try to switch it up a little more this year. It's a huge thrill to catch a new species.

I would love to try Musky fishing.But personally over the last 5 years Pike is my Fav. Caught a couple close to 40",but it's to see the strike when it comes from nowhere side ways on the lure. But,bass,rock bass,blue gill,crappie,Lake Trout, catfish,salmon,steelhead,smelt Perch,and whatever I get next,keeps me enjoying the hunt!. I don't think I could just focus on one .JMO.!

Edited by davey buoy