Do you give back for the enjoyment you get from fishing

esoxansteel

Our group has opened up fishing opportunities along the lynn river in simcoe by clearing shorelines, etc now for 7 years. We also do a spring cleanup every year. Always take care of your home water, if everyone did, there would be no dirty places to fish.

I am a member of Metro East Anglers. We operate Ringwood hatchery and currently stock the Lake Ontario watershed with coho, rainbow, borwns, and atlantics. We also help opertate the fishway at Milne dam.

Everyone that enjoys the great Pacific Salmon and Trout fishing on Lake Ontario owes a big thank you to the many volunteers that run the Ringwood Hatchery!

How does one go about joining/volunteering for raising fish for stocking programs?

Metro East Anglers usually meets at Ringwood Hatchery on Wednesday Evenings and Sunday Mornings. Ringwood is located on Markham Rod in Stouville. We will also be stocking rainbow in the Rouge River soon and also helping to operate the fish way at the Milne Dam. Salmon are pen reared in Whitby and Bluffers Park.

These opportunities are all in or around Durham region. Let me know if you want more information about any of these opportunities to volunteer.

Worked at the Optimist Kids Derby in the late 70's, Scout Leader in the early 80's for 15 years & had the Troop fishing & Canoeing with as many as 18 canoes on the Saugeen, Scouts planted Trees on local Steams & picked up garbage on about 75 miles of roads every spring in Culross Township, Stream bottom Restoration in Wingham after the lower Dam was removed, Morrison Ditch restoration & Fish Shocking study, helped start the Kinsman Kids Fishing Derby in Teeswater late 80's & it's still going with 300 to 400 kids every year, started & ran the Teeswater Kids Archery Club for 15 years with as many as 75 members a year from about 1989, was on the committee to remove the Teeswater Dam & Restore the River bed & plant trees on the old Dam bottom, helped with the OBF Junior Bass Team for about 5 years & had 2 of my kids on the Team Ontario for over over 4 years & Joe was a member of the team that Won & took the 1st Championship out of the USA , ran a Junior Fishing Club, organized youth Canoe trips for about 15 years while my kids were growing up & had as many as 20 canoes on the Saugeen or Maitland River for a weekend trip (fishing), helped with casting & archery booths at the Sportsman's Show, BASS Casting Kids events with more winners coming from Teeswater then any other town, 3 sisters all made it to the Worlds Casting Competition & received over $20,000.00 in scholarships, was a member of KW Cambridge BASS, Grey/Bruce Bass, belong to Waterloo Wellington CBAF & the Lake Huron Fishing Club, started the School Salmon Hatchery Program & now I'm the LHFC School Salmon Hatchery Program Co-ordinator 2010 1 school, 2011 3 schools, 2012 10 schools & just received another $12,000.00 to expand the School Program in the fall of 2013 official announcement coming, on the LHFC Executive, there has been other things but :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1: , I'll stop now, if you haven't seen my blog check it out, http://lhfcschoolhatcheries.blogspot.ca/

Tight Lines SBK :Gonefishing:

Back in the early to mid 90,s I did sechi disk reading and water sampling for the MNR !!! From various lakes and rivers that I fished mainly the Ottawa river and lake clear as they needed 4 samples a year one for each season did that for a few years !!!!! As well as did many reports to them regarding where I had seen cormorants both in the Ottawa and petawawa river areas as tey were just starting to invade back then !!! When we were running our salmon charter boat as well we did scale sampling for the MNR as well for a summer !!!!! So it all helps whatever you can do right ???