Planning any fishing trips this year?

kenzy31

Wawa area for ice out Brookies.

Nipigon September for closing season Brookies.

October lake of the woods musky.

2-3-4 French river trips same as every year.

Lake o, niagara river, Lake Huron all in between as much as possible.

Jesse, I got a job at that marina by my cottage so I will be living there for the summer/fall. This means I won't be able to do much traveling but I will be going to the French river for musky opener and hopefully I will be able to get away for a week at Ivanhoe lake.

Have fun on your trip!

Andrew

Good score on the job buddy :clapping: ....although, won't it take a lot of time away from :Gonefishing: ?? lol

Maybe we can set something up to fish there again this year. My wife is very jealous of this trip we're taking and demanding that I take her on at least one fishing weekend this summer! Maybe once bass season opens up in PAB, we'll make our way up. She really liked Rock Pine last year, we just wish the fishing would've been better. But what can ya do? lol

This thread is turning into a fun read, so many great sounding trips in the works! And a few fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants gigs as well...I love both and will be doing some of the same myself throughout the year.

Plan on fishing for some Pike up north this Spring with some guys from work. Then I have a cottage booked for a week starting on Bass opener in June. Dad, Uncle, little brother and myself, going to be a blast get to fish my favorite waters out in Eastern Ontario nice and early vs August like were use to. After that back to work for a couple weeks and then I'll be camping in the beginning of August for a week. After that some more work for a month then I'll try and escape once more come the end of September for a half week cottage trip.

Mind you, the fishing is what I do every day while on vacation. No sleeping in, up at 5:30 every day and on shore for less then 3 hours during sun light hours :) A little nuts but thats fishing :P

Bring on Summer can't wait to get on the water!

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Is it that easy to tell :whistling: lol

Thanks for all the advice, I'm sure I'll be pestering you some more as the date draws closer!

Yep, It was easy to tell when we spoke on the phone. Feel free to call again---it's not 'pestering'. Talking fishing is the next best thing to being there.

Having failed to convince my buddies to go looking for the trout that Mike caught on Dusey, we are going to O'Sullivan lake. (I might need to find new buddies for nest year and go to Dusey!! :(:wacko: ). But I'm still excited about O'S---should be good. Another Borgerman recommendation. :clapping: . His recc of Marshall for last year was a winner.

three trips this year

1. fish lsc with mike p

2. lake of the woods with craig greg and tim

3. caves run lake in Kentucky as i have to fish musky so will go early april

John I'm looking forward to it again. Maybe next year I will be able to head down to cave run I wanted to this year but just been to busy yet.

going to eddie north's beteau lake may 11 for big pike

Well what do you know, so am I. Should be a blast bud. :)

horwood lake in june for a week.

So you chose Horwood? You'll enjoy it I'm sure (just not quite as much as some of the other camps we talked about :) )

If you want some info shoot corvette1 a pm. He was there with his crew a couple summers ago and got into some pretty nice fish.

I am in Camblford for May 24 weekend (Crow Lake), Rice Lake (Springbank Camp) for the weekend after, a father-son trip at Springbank again on the June 15th weekend, Cameron Lake for a week toward the end of July, and a trip or two to Big Doe throughout the summer. Other than that, no.

Jim

Not too much planned for this year, its been exceptionally tough for various reasons to plan anything major.

But have 1 week at a cottage booked in muskoka, this is a family trip but will still do lots of fishing.

1 Canoe trip tentatively booked for my father inlaws birthday end of June, heading to island lake area, although a new grand daughter is due around time of departure so we may have to adjust the timing (my sister inlaw is expecting)

1 Canoe trip with my brother late summer to be determined, he always wants to go to Nagonosh but I am hoping we try somewhere else.

1 surpise overnight trip from my wife for my birthday in June, she promises I will not be disappointed so I assume fishing!

1 canoe trip on the Saugeen with my wife in August, by that point we will need a quick quiet getaway.

Tentatively looking at going up to Thunder Bay in late september to target brookies before they close.

doing a couple trips to Eagle Lake this year to join my buddy from Calgary at his camp. It's kind of the dead sea compared to the red lake area but if we get a fish or two it's worth the companionship.

No big trip planned this year

Balsam lake in no June for a father and two son trip for a few days which is always a blast

Short two night trip to Algonquin park for a first ever interior trip. Route still tbd but it looks like Ragged will be home base. Excited and a tad nervous as a newbie

Only other trip will be an find and skins weekend on Sturgeon lake with the boys either September or October

Will also try for a few 1 day trips to Balsam were brother, dad and kids to try to get the little ones hooked

My 4 year old picked out a Princess tackle boxat BPS this weekend on her own accord. Trying not to read to much into it lol

Can't wait - see u later snow!

going back to O'Sullivan's rainbow on O'sullivan lake for the 2nd time. This camp is just outside of Nakina also. It's a drive to camp that Mike B suggested to me last year and after spending a week there my wife and I decided we needed another week this year !! then the rest of the season will be on Lake Erie for perch, walleye and steel head. maybe take a side trip to LSC and/or rice lake depending on time.

going back to O'Sullivan's rainbow on O'sullivan lake for the 2nd time. This camp is just outside of Nakina also. It's a drive to camp that Mike B suggested to me last year and after spending a week there my wife and I decided we needed another week this year !! then the rest of the season will be on Lake Erie for perch, walleye and steel head. maybe take a side trip to LSC and/or rice lake depending on time.

O'Sullivan's is a gem for sure, glad to hear you guys are going again this year Rob.

No big trip planned this year

Balsam lake in no June for a father and two son trip for a few days which is always a blast

Short two night trip to Algonquin park for a first ever interior trip. Route still tbd but it looks like Ragged will be home base. Excited and a tad nervous as a newbie

Only other trip will be an find and skins weekend on Sturgeon lake with the boys either September or October

Will also try for a few 1 day trips to Balsam were brother, dad and kids to try to get the little ones hooked

My 4 year old picked out a Princess tackle boxat BPS this weekend on her own accord. Trying not to read to much into it lol

Can't wait - see u later snow!

Those all sound like winners to me!

I'm itching to hit Algonquin Park for my first time also. When my uncle was alive he and my cousin used to do the opening weekend trip for 4-5 nights. The stories they'd come back with left me in awe, but I have yet to tackle it myself. Maybe next year will be the year

Good luck getting your daughter into fishing! I pushed mine a little hard a couple weeks ago and she got cold feet :( I may have turned her off ice fishing for a while lol. We'll still have a day or two left on Simcoe to try and make up for it!

With all these trips planned, we'll be in store for some killer reports this year! I can't wait for them to start rolling in

John I'm looking forward to it again. Maybe next year I will be able to head down to cave run I wanted to this year but just been to busy yet.

Hey, you don't have time to read this stuff. Now get back to work making up those Handlebarz.....

Which Island Lake?

Between Magnetawan and Nagonosh. Leaving from Wahwashkesh just off of HWY 520.

I have never been but I showed it to my brother inlaw and my father inlaw and they wanted to give it a try. My father inlaw has never been on an over night canoe trip, we figured at 55 its about time he give it a try. I think he will love it, before he had kids he did some solo Hike's in Alaska that sound amazing and is competent canoer who is still using the same canoe he built when we was teenager.