Urgently required ,none to be found

mr blizzard

When we moved up here a year ago from Barrie some things got lost in the move, most importantly was some fishing gear aka wooly bear.

Some of you from Barrie would have know George O'Brian. We had the priviledge of knowing him for over 20 years, the man could catch fish out of a pickle barrel, BUT most importantly we used to buy the wooly bears from him, they are used primarily for perch. They were sort of red and beige and fuzzy.

Can anyone help to locate some and get them up here, I would pay for them and the shipping.

Thanks Blizz :worthy:

Your right wooly bugger, but when my son was 5 he thought I was swearing so we nicknamed it wooly bear lol . I saw them in a store a couple of years before we left but I am drawing a blank.

Ya I picked them up out in Alberta.

They dont look the same here???

Don.

Not really, it was like pipe cleaner material wrapped around the shaft, the length of the hook was no more than 1/2"

Ya cant find them anywhere...

I have another one its called a Water DAWG

Cant find it?

Got a couple other that I would like to find as well..

Don.

Looks like this, but there are lots of variations. It is meant to be a scud imitation (freshwater shrimp) which perch gorge themselves on, if the lake has a lot of weeds you can bet that there are lots of scuds.

simcoebug.jpg

BINGO Christopher :worthy::worthy::worthy: That is exactly what it looked like with only slight colour variations, could u pm me with some colour varieties, and prices and thanks everyone for all your help, much appreciated.

Last I saw George just around Christmas, he and his buddy were sitting beside the Barrie marina gas pumps just killing the perch. Give him a call, 705 727 0446.

Thanks fisherman I will certainly give him a call, I remember when he would pick the crayfish out of the weeds when they combined the weeds from the finger docks, quite the character, glad to hear he is still going strong.