Algonquin Park Backwoods Fishing

BruceCfisher86

some of the privately produced maps list the species in each lake. makes it easy to target fish depending on the season you're going in. there's also a nice book, 'fishing in algonquin park' available at the gates. should have info on the lakes

good luck

Thanks, Ive been meaning to pick that book up!

I'm going to hook you up with a great resource for fishing in the park. You might already have it. This is the kind of stuff we post here because we don't like specifics in the open.

http://www.algonquinmap.com/

Doesn't tell you how the fishing is but does let you know what fish are available and is good route planning tool

Edited by Musky or Specks

I'm going to hook you up with a great resource for fishing in the park. You might already have it. This is the kind of stuff we post here because we don't like specifics in the open.

http://www.algonquinmap.com/

Doesn't tell you how the fishing is but does let you know what fish are available and is good route planning tool

Thanks, I appreciate that!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you find the map useful :). Just shoot me an email if you have any questions.

Oh, and corrections are always appreciated :D

Yes it's darn usefull Are the fish icons from historical or anecdotal sources? Kathlyn Lake according to the AP bio had fish reintroduced to it but now has no fish population ,neither Laker or Brook.

I hope you find the map useful :). Just shoot me an email if you have any questions.

I've only seen the online version which is excellent! I have the Southern section ordered which should be in the mail this week!

Definatly an excellent resource!

Nice to see you on the OFC board Jeffrey, your map is outstanding.

Cheers

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm really glad you find it useful :)

Yes it's darn usefull Are the fish icons from historical or anecdotal sources? Kathlyn Lake according to the AP bio had fish reintroduced to it but now has no fish population ,neither Laker or Brook.

Good question :). I have two people who've done fisheries research in the park contributing the info. I've sent them an inquiry about Kathlyn L - thanks for the info!

Thanks for posting that Jeffrey. It's an excellent map resource and I bookmarked it.

Welcome aboard.

Wonderful :). I hope you get a lot of use out of it

I've only seen the online version which is excellent! I have the Southern section ordered which should be in the mail this week!

Definatly an excellent resource!

Let me know what you think :D

Welcome aboard Jeffrey ......

Thanks a bunch. OFC looks like a great forum!

Ok, got my answer - "The ROM survey (1990/91) identified brookies and the

MNR lake (1958) survey id'ed lakers. She apparently was stocked with artic

char a few years after that (of course the artic char are long gone). She

may be fished out, small enough for it to happen."

What's your source for the lack of fish today? :)

Nice to see you over here Jeffrey!

Pat what kind of Fishing are you looking to do, and what time of year?

It makes a difference but for the record...

Jeffreys map is a great info source on picking your species for sure.

Pick your taget species, combine that with the right time of year and set up properly...bobs your unlce.