the Maiden Voyage

Terry

well I had a little time so I thought I would take the new folding boat out for a test on the river

took a little longer to put together then my old one, but that square back is nice

found out the transom isn't thick enough for my electric to tighten down so I will be adding a piece of wood

and the 2.5 hp motor needs to be raised a bit so it can swing all the way right and left..all easy to fix

but it was all together so off I went...the 2.5 pushed her at 10kph..just a flying

stopped and did a bit of fishing..didn't catch anything

got back to the ramp and it came apart real quick..all and all it was all I was hoping for and I can't wait to get it on the ATV and fish some more back lakes, if I can find any more.............

DSCF2668.jpg

DSCF2669.jpg

DSCF2670.jpg

DSCF2672.jpg

DSCF2673.jpg

Shoot...it floats. Knew I forgot to do something with that holes saw! :lol:

I warned you you'd need to probably shim the engine up. Funny the electric won't tighten down enough though. Guess while you're putting in that 1 x 1 aluminum angle, that I gave you to reinforce the transom board, you can screw another layer of plywood in the spot for the electric.

Glad you're happy with it Terry. Much better use than collecting dust on my hangar floor.

no no and heck no I aint going out on a boat that can fold up like a venus flytrap while I am fishing.........!!! CHOLMP!!!!! ( muffled cries for help)

Art

LOL, never even thought of that Art, would make for a very interesting report wouldn't it??? :)

Maureen

I wouldn't stand in it though :blink:

You're going to have to start giving rides to these folks Terry and show them it's better than any 12 or 14' Tinny they have fished out of. Main thing being how quiet it is on the water and you don't have to worry about a dragged foot scaring off your fish...and YES you can stand up in it just fine. It's more stable than a tinny any day. Boat is 12'6 long and just over 4 feet wide...ie wider than a cartopper.

Edited by irishfield