Tires......

Gerritt

I will be replacing the tires on my truck soon and am looking for a few recommendations. I have a 2002 Ford F150 and it currently has BF Goodrich's While they have been adequate they are not what I would call a great tire. Any recommendations on brands? there is a ton of em and it is not like they will let you test drive them. I do alot of Highway driving (back and forth from work) I also tow my boat etc.

Thanks in advance!

Gerritt.

I've done some looking for tires for my truck as well (I also have BF Goodrich, Radial Long Trail on now and haven't been very happy with them).

I think I'm going to go with the Michelin LTX when I buy. They seem to get very good reviews on all the tire sites and I've spoken to a few people with them on their truck and they couldn't be happier.

They're not the cheapest, but good tires seldom are.

I think I'm going to go with the Michelin LTX when I buy. They seem to get very good reviews on all the tire sites and I've spoken to a few people with them on their truck and they couldn't be happier.

They're not the cheapest, but good tires seldom are.

I bought a new Safari in 96 and it came with Michelin LTX and they were incredible tires. I put 100 K on them before selling the truck and they were still in excellent condition.

I'll 2nd Jer's recomendation

In terms of bang for buck, I have been quite happy with the Hancooks on my Aerostar; and I didn't have to break the bank to buy them.

I am happier with them then I have been with the Goodyears and Bridgestone Duellers that I have purchased in the past.

Gerritt, I have been around the tire business for years and have installed Michelins on several of my vehicles. They don't come cheap but the LTX in my opinion is the best light truck tire on the market. Here in London one shop that has the contract for the Thames Valley Ambulances was removing the tires the trucks came with before they went into service and installing the LTX's. They ordered them with a cheaper tire and got so much flack from the drivers they changed them all until the next contract where they specified the Michelins again.

I think Michelin is a name that is automatically associated with a quality product, just like the names Shimano, St. Croix or Crestliner.

I have Bridgestone Duelers on my current 2005 Safari and so far I'm quite happy with them and they seem to wearing very well and ride comfortably but when the time comes to replace them, it'll definetely be with another set of Michelin LTX

Thanks guys I appreciate it.... so far these two are the ones I am looking at:

gy_fortera_tripletred_ci2_l.jpg

mi_ltx_ms.jpg

The goodyears are a little more but have a great rating.....

The search continues

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

what you do is buy some near new goodyear wrangler's with silent armour from an OFC member :thumbsup_anim:

i did alot of research on small truck tires last winter and bf goodrich all terrain ko's are the best bang for the buck. great traction in all situations and quiet too. when i get $$$ saved up ill be buying a set of them.

Since it's not my money I'll say Michelin LTX :)

I love the ride, good mileage tire and you get what you pay for.

I opted for Hankook's on my Astro at half the price and I didn't know if we would be keeping it. The Hankook's are way better than the Goodyear's they replaced. Good budget tire. Bridgestone Dualers are nice, Cooper Discoverers are okay (a little hard and noisy)... both of which I prefer over Goodyear LT tires.

If I were outfitting a light truck my top considerations would be:

100% On Road, all season: Michelin LTX

80% On / 20% Off Road, all season: BFG AT/KO

20% On / 80% Off Road, summer: BFG MT T/A KM or Goodyear MT/R

I don't think you're looking for an off road tire but I wanted to give Goodyear some credit. The MT/R's are a nice tire... funny thing is, they're better in three feet of snow than they are in 3 inches of snow!

-Brian

DSC03062.jpg

I agree on the Michelin LTX. It is the most incredible tire I have ever used.... Done over 200,000K on two different sets/ vechiles and could not complain about a thing. They are great in snow, ice, summer and last forever as long as you rotate em and keep the pressures checked.

Hey Ger,

I just put four new 20in tires on my truck, after pricing out many brands and suppliers "Wheel Wizards" on Barton Street East, beat out everyones pricing by about 20%. Their customer service was excellent!

Cheers

Jen

I will be replacing the tires on my truck soon and am looking for a few recommendations. I have a 2002 Ford F150 and it currently has BF Goodrich's While they have been adequate they are not what I would call a great tire. Any recommendations on brands? there is a ton of em and it is not like they will let you test drive them. I do alot of Highway driving (back and forth from work) I also tow my boat etc.

Thanks in advance!

Gerritt.

Gerrit i sell tires every day so far Goodrich is soft a not worts the $$$ .... a really good and lower priced tire is a Terra Trac A/T by hercules ... roadhazzard warranty .6..8...10 ply available

... call your local Benson tire ...

you won't be dissapointed.

Thanks guys I appreciate it.... so far these two are the ones I am looking at:

gy_fortera_tripletred_ci2_l.jpg

mi_ltx_ms.jpg

The goodyears are a little more but have a great rating.....

The search continues

Gerritt.

are you ghoing racing ? what the hell thoses are'nt tires for a truck ... is your truck pimped out/

are you driving a Lightening?

come on man put truck tires on that ... 245/70//??? 16//17? terra track a/t ... really good tire

Personally, I prefer the round ones!!!

Michelins are the best!!! When the time comes, I replace all my stock tires with Michelins... if you really love your truck, you'll buy it a set of Michelins.

Duellers are pretty good, but won't give you the traction or mileage a set of Michelins will.

MM those are the Goodyear triple treads... rated highly....

However they are more $$$ then the Michelin LTX's

Safe to say my new tires will be a set Michelins

235/70R16

Thanks everyone!

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt