Heading out on simcoe tomorrow

If you're going to Virginia Beach, the parking nitwits are at it hardcore, apparantely issued a wack(30+)of tickets for parking more than 3hrs in areas where there were not any no parking signs.

Was this on Hadden Rd? That's where I usually park.

wonder how much I could make with valet parking, moving each vehicle every 2.9 hours

lol...great idea terry, im in.... lol, now can i ask something without :sarcasm: ? what is it about hte strong wind that effects the ice.. thick or thin... what can the wind do the the ice? i've always fished lakes with little to no current around my cottage ( kashwakamak lake: mazinaw, marble, big gull ect.. ) and i've never had an experience where the wind causes issues. i have only spent time on simcoe when i was younger and i remember better ice in the 80's and 90's...? :thumbsup_anim:

lol...great idea terry, im in.... lol, now can i ask something without :sarcasm: ? what is it about hte strong wind that effects the ice.. thick or thin... what can the wind do the the ice? i've always fished lakes with little to no current around my cottage ( kashwakamak lake: mazinaw, marble, big gull ect.. ) and i've never had an experience where the wind causes issues. i have only spent time on simcoe when i was younger and i remember better ice in the 80's and 90's...? :thumbsup_anim:

To answer your question.........

Yesterdays winds were out of the west45-55 kmh. No ice on this side. By the time the waves and rollers get built up heading east,it easy to crush any ice over there.The ice will go up and down,eventually snapping it.Then it begins.

Edited by Misfish

If I remember right it's called fetch, the distance that's open to the wind, frozen or not. The stronger the wind the more "pull" it has on the surface and yes, it will go up and down.

And, the marina is still open with a few guys fishing off the docks this morning.