Great Lakes running out of WATER

Billy Bob

Funny how they don't mention dredging the St Clair channel, pumping water out of Michigan to keep the southbound river flowing higher and the billions of litres a day they use for bottled water. Just about time to invent wheels for the bottom of your boat.

As the lake levels drop, it leads to more dredging.. its vicious. And there are more factors than mentioned dropping lake levels. The drought/bad winter philosophy really doesnt cover why lake erie dropped inexplicably 3 feet 10 yrs ago.

Funny how they don't mention dredging the St Clair channel, pumping water out of Michigan to keep the southbound river flowing higher and the billions of litres a day they use for bottled water. Just about time to invent wheels for the bottom of your boat.

yes theres lots of shady stuff going on as well what you said above is just a few of the issues..... :dunno::wallbash:

Edited by fishindevil

I don`t know of any water supply reservoirs being built here in northern Ohio since the late 1960`s. It has become the accepted practice for communities looking to expand or for the development of farm land into urban or suburban areas to just run a pipeline to Lake Erie and get water from there.

It`s probably pretty certain that Ohio is not the only Great Lake state doing it? Why would a community that wants to expand and fuel growth tie up their land, er... that can be developed and taxed with a water supply reservoir?

The availability of city water here is a huge draw to the development of rural areas. The county I live in was mostly rural until 20-25 years ago, then the availability of city water in the area made it one of the fastest growing areas in Ohio until the recession hit.

It seems that people are a lot more likely to tolerate septic systems than a lack of city water?

I don`t know of any water supply reservoirs being built here in northern Ohio since the late 1960`s. It has become the accepted practice for communities looking to expand or for the development of farm land into urban or suburban areas to just run a pipeline to Lake Erie and get water from there.

It`s probably pretty certain that Ohio is not the only Great Lake state doing it? Why would a community that wants to expand and fuel growth tie up their land, er... that can be developed and taxed with a water supply reservoir?

The availability of city water here is a huge draw to the development of rural areas. The county I live in was mostly rural until 20-25 years ago, then the availability of city water in the area made it one of the fastest growing areas in Ohio until the recession hit.

It seems that people are a lot more likely to tolerate septic systems than a lack of city water?

Just about every town that supplies city water for household taps also has a community sewer system that feeds that same water back to the Great Lakes after it has been cleaned.....

anywhere on the great lakes its low. i remember the 1960,s. we were in the same situation. then water levels went up. flooding occured. history repeats itself with different cycles. l.st clair is low. commercial shipping will soon scream. as for canada has anyone noticed. the federal harbour commisions have given municipalitys hundreds of waterway property to townships. sorta downloading. dredging then becomes county problems.