Stocking Stuffers?

Oryx

As Christmas is approaching fast, my wife has requested a "list".

So I am asking for some suggestions..... I want to start some Lake O fishing for Bows and Salmon this spring and have absolutley NO gear for this.

What are everyones reccomendation for Rods, reels, Lures....

The rod would have to do double duty as a Rigger/Dipsey pole.

Thanks Guys

J

If I ask for 2, that would imply I would share with her :wallbash:

She is of the mindset that 1 rod and reel is good for all scenarios......

Wrong ! you have to tell her you want to share with me ..... lol, Merry Christmas i hope you get all what you want .

Edited by Skipper " D "

AHHHHHHHH!!dry.gif Sounds like my EX, and i underline EX lol !!!. :w00t:

If divorce were cheap...everyone would do it.... JK, My wife is awesome, she will tolerate my addictions better than most. I have friends who need to ask permission to put the seat up on the toilet.

Now...Any suggestions for Rod and reel?

Yes, I wear pantyhose, keeps the boys in check!:P

And a coupon book is a good idea, but I will be able to go without too much hassle.....as I said, she is very accepting of my addictions....

Hang in there Oryx , the help you asked for at the top of your post will come ......good.gif

Paul buys most of our gear, but from the top of my head, I can remember we buy spin doctors from JB's, atomic flies in blue or green, flea flicker line (although some brands are better than others, not sure which tho), cannon balls, salty dog rod holders, Cannon electric or manual downriggers.

How's that for a start?

I'd have to ask Paul for the names/types of rods and reels we use.

Joey

As Christmas is approaching fast, my wife has requested a "list".

So I am asking for some suggestions..... I want to start some Lake O fishing for Bows and Salmon this spring and have absolutley NO gear for this.

What are everyones reccomendation for Rods, reels, Lures....

The rod would have to do double duty as a Rigger/Dipsey pole.

Thanks Guys

J

in order to help you out, lets begin with:

a)does your boat have downriggers and appropriate rod holders already?

B) will you be doing this trolling solo or with others?

Edited by fishdawg

in order to help you out, lets begin with:

a)does your boat have downriggers and appropriate rod holders already?

B) will you be doing this trolling solo or with others?

Alright here goes, I will be fishing with my buddy in his boat. We currently have 1 x Scotty 1080 manual (bought from OFC classifieds) since only one rigger, the need for a double duty rod.

We will be adding 2 x 12" cannon trax this winter to mount the rod holders and the rigger base to. I will need the rods, reels, dipseys, line, flashers and lures.

Cheers

j

Alright here goes, I will be fishing with my buddy in his boat. We currently have 1 x Scotty 1080 manual (bought from OFC classifieds) since only one rigger, the need for a double duty rod.

We will be adding 2 x 12" cannon trax this winter to mount the rod holders and the rigger base to. I will need the rods, reels, dipseys, line, flashers and lures.

Cheers

j

Yup that helps,and yes as mentioned above, tell the wife to stuff the stocking with many gift cards from your fave tackle dealer

If you dont end up getting a second rigger, and still want to run 4 rods when the 2 of you are out, I would reccomend

1) donwrigger rod/reel that will hold at least 300yds of 20lb mono

2) 2 diver combos 8-9ft med-med hvy, with either 30lb 7 strand wire or 50lb braid, on mid sized linecounter reels (brand as budget allows)and run Size# 107 Walker Deeper Divers off of these

3) one large sized trolling reel with 100 yds or 10 colours of Leadcore line and a 8/9 foot trolling rod.

I see your from Pickering, go to Tightines Warehouse and they'll fill in the rest.

Coupons for coffee from your favorite vendor. Gas card from a local station. Warm waterproof gloves. A furry hat that makes you look ridiculous but you don't care because it is sooooo warm. These are just a few of my favorite things.

Art

Cheers

j

There's no such thing as a double-duty rod. Dipsy and rigger rods have wildly different actions, so one of each would be necessary.