Dock Panfish

captpierre

Well I only have about 5' of water as far as I can throw from my dock on Buckhorn and seem to get a steady stream of perch and small bass throughout the fall, the warmer the day, the better the bite seems to be. Even got a few pickerel in the evenings, including the fat pig in this link just the other night.

I would think if you're hoping for a musky, fishing through dusk into the dark with a big, slow bait might do the trick, especially if it's been a warmer than usual day.

I Have 3 ft at the end of my dock.

Anybody know where they all go this time of year?

They re-appear but not till May

I don't target them. Thinking they would attract skis where ever they go.

peter

Even as warm it got last Sunday, my bro-in-law and I couldn't locate any panfish while using worms and fishing from the north shore of Taites Bay...my guess is they have headed out into deeper waters...we tried for three hours before dark...

I track them in a lake and found they move out to secondary points and suspend. I find they mix in with crappie not so much as species mixing but environment. I slow troll micro jigs tipped with meal worms and will find pods of both feeding very lightly. They are between 5 and 15 feet deep in water as deep as 35ft which is the deepest spot in the lake. They will move very little both up and down to get to a bait and the strike window is small when it is this cold. We rarely get a complete ice over and never strong enough to ice fish down here so my seasons are not as severe and our time lines are different.

Art