Quinte....

Gerritt

After a preliminary search.... I came up empty handed...

Are their Ice Bungalows for rent on BOQ? like their are on Nipissing?

I would really like to let the girlfriend experience ice fishing...

Any thoughts on an outfitter to use?

Thanks in advance!

G

I would think the much more unpredictable nature of the ice on Quinte would make them uncommon. :dunno:

You may be correct.... did not think of that... I figured someone out there had a business running servicing this niche.... in a bay or what have you...

but I do think you may be correct.

G

Your more than welcome to join me on my winter trips up in my neck of the woods.

Its not on the bay but you will enjoy the fishing on some of the back country lakes?

If your set on fishing the bay I do know of a tournament fisherman that also guids year round on the bay.

He might be a good starting point.

Pm me or send me a text..

:thumbsup_anim:

Don.

I've heard that those ice bungalows can be a bad thing Gerrit, confined for 2to3 days in a shack can be a little house bound. Mite turn your friend off of ice fishing. Maybe do day trips and stay in town so you enjoy a little night life thing and stretch the legs if you know what I'm saying.

Just a suggestion.

A good guide service on Quinte is usually on the move following the big fish and is as knowledgable on the safe ice as one can be. This is why you hardly ever see a TV show host out there alone! :)

If you combine the above and the upredictable ice thi is why you do not see bungalows on Quinte.

The guys I used to refer all my clients to stopped guiding on the ice, but there are a few good ones in that listing provided above.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am going to bump this because couple of my friends and I are looking for a similar thing.

We would like to stay there for couple days and find a place to sleep for couple of nights.

Doesnt have to be fancy....just a roof over a head and some heat.

Hey guys,

I am going to bump this because couple of my friends and I are looking for a similar thing.

We would like to stay there for couple days and find a place to sleep for couple of nights.

Doesnt have to be fancy....just a roof over a head and some heat.

Twin Peaks in Napanee is where I normally stay.

Here you go, two choices

http://www.fishfindercharters.com/

or

http://www.pbandjcha...icefishing.html

Both stand up guys and would have no problem sending my solf water clients to.

Thank you Lloyd!

I saved Dave`s phone number.

Ice cant come fast enough now!! Funny thing is that i used to hate it...winter and ice.