Awsome day on the Lake

Skipper D

I don't know why i even bother to post up a fishing report , i for one like reading every one eles reports for the best Bass or Trout or Musky and walleye that was caught today out there more so then who brought home the perch . Well here ya are i could only bring home the perch today it seems no matter how hard i tryed so i could impress every one here . BUT........ today for the first time since i took up this sport last year i had more fun out there trying things that i picked up from reading it here and from the other memebers i've been out with this year . Today i brought with me every thing i need to tackle just about every thing out there . Funny but i fished aggressively for the first time just like the pro's , i was in and out of the tackle box more times today then i've been all years .... lol , i took six combo's with me all set up to do some thing but i can't remember what for , i fished with gulp minnows , # 2&3 Mepps , lures that i don't even know names of or can't remember . I had a blast trying stuff tho , moving around the lake finding structure , and you know what i found out the most about ......... i found out i still know nothing , the day was just about spent and up til then i had caught nothing but had lots of fun trying . At four oclock i decided to put all the unfamliar stuff away and go try some thing i knew about , that being perch the easist dam thing to catch . I headed to a few spots til i landed on them and in an hour and a half i caught my full limit and headed for home , heres a few pictures just so i can say i did post some , now i am going to eat my dinner , Thank you for taking a look and i hope every one eles had just as much fun today as i did .

Edited by Skipper " D "

Looks like a great day to me Skip - measure your pleasure by your own standards, cause that what its all about.

Very well put indeed.clapping.gif

Too often we try to impress, or get demoralized when we cant catch one as big as so and so posted. I fish for the pleasure of it Skip.I post to share my day with anyone interested.

You did well my friend, and thanks for a clear and honest report. Nothing beats a good feed of perch.

Tite lines little budGonefishing.gif

Absolutely nuthin wrong with layin a beating on the perch :clapping:

As for getting skunked on the other tactics.... That's part of the game. I go out with 2 or 3 game plans for a day. I just keep changing tactics or species til I find success. It's all about getting out and enjoying the day, and it sounds like you did just that.

All kind words and encouragement i don't deserve , i did'nt bring home the big beacon but funny to see some of you like my aquarium , my so called mobile live well if you will .. lol , they are my wifes idea back when so i would'nt muck up my old cuddy cruiser . Haveing a day like yesterday on the water makes me wish i had of gotten out more like that this year but you know prioritys allways take charge . As you can see what won the day for me were the perch in the end and i did'nt have to go home empty handed which made me real happy . I don't mine telling it was done in 47fow on a perch harness with six of them good old natural earth worms . As i think there will be a few more chances yet that we should be able to get out there before the ice sets in i will not be putting the boat away no time soon . Thank you every one ... Ron

Edited by Skipper " D "