GoPro Hero 3

ch312

I just saw it advertised on Best Buy, looks like they have 3 packages with various upgrades, would love to get one. I have been using the the HD video on my Canon T1i but it is bulky and and not waterproof.

GoPro is by far the best option, if anyone here has the Hero3, would be nice to get some opinions.

I have the original version, don't know what else I could want out of it, all basic functions, good enough for me... Besides that the lady in future shop couldn't point out a real significant difference between the HERO & HERO 2 when I was making my purchase, so I saved 100 bucks

So far the hero2 has not bee great, the low light abilities are garbage. Sound is mediocre at best. Actually in hindsight I should have gone for that casio that shoots at 1000fps for roughly the same price. Oh well. I had some timelapse functional issues, and got issued and RMA an few weeks ago. I didn't send it back as I needed it to shoot some videos. Today I just updated with the latest firmware and now the audio doesn't work. BOOO... Also the 30 day money back guarantee only applies if you buy dirct from GoPro. I contacted future shop and they said that if Go Pro sends them an email saying they will replace it to them instead of me that I can return it for a full store credit. Called Go Pro back and they said no.

Oh well, Looks like I'll be with the hero2. I am gonna go boxit up and send it back to be repaired/replaced.

I have the original version, don't know what else I could want out of it, all basic functions, good enough for me... Besides that the lady in future shop couldn't point out a real significant difference between the HERO & HERO 2 when I was making my purchase, so I saved 100 bucks

lol... wow. She SHOULDNT be working there then.

I want to see people use it a while before I buy, lots of people had problems with the hero 2 , sold without the software many had to update software before they would work, lets see how well the 3's work

I have two Hero2's and have nothing but great things to say about them. Knock on wood... I haven't had a single issue with mine at all.

Santa was already told that I wanted the Hero3 for xmas.... lets see if he listens!

The biggest difference is the number at the end!

But seriously, heres a little comparison of the Hero and Hero2.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/24/gopro-hd-hero-2-review/

I've got the original GoPro and the GoPro Hero, never had an issue with either. I skipped the Hero2, but I'll most likely be getting the Hero3 for spring.

I work in sales and recently I thought it would be fun to work at future shop in the sale department part time for extra cash.

I said this because the "sales" staff they have working there are very very weak.... this proves my point

-Higher frame rate

-Higher resolution

-wider angle lense

-Longer battery life (I think)

These are just the "off the top of my head" differences I can think of. They may not be accurate, but Im 90% sure those are SOME

Hero3 is officially on the Xmas list.... having a cousin that works at Future Shop comes in handy... Hero2 @ $349.99..... his price... $249 :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Can you explain the key differences......

Actually, yes I can....

Hero2

- full 1080p @ 30fps video recording (Hero only has 960p)

- 2x faster processor

- much strong and better lens

- 10 Photos Per Second Burst

- 3 available photo resolutions: 11MP, 8MP, 5 MP (Hero only has 5mp)

- Wi-Fi BacPac + Remote Compatible (Hero doesnt support)

And I'm sorry but if a SALES REP trying to sell people camera's doesnt know the difference between an old model and a new one.. SHOULDN'T be working as a sales rep.

Actually, yes I can....

Hero2

- full 1080p @ 30fps video recording (Hero only has 960p)

- 2x faster processor

- much strong and better lens

- 10 Photos Per Second Burst

- 3 available photo resolutions: 11MP, 8MP, 5 MP (Hero only has 5mp)

- Wi-Fi BacPac + Remote Compatible (Hero doesnt support)

And I'm sorry but if a SALES REP trying to sell people camera's doesnt know the difference between an old model and a new one.. SHOULDN'T be working as a sales rep.

FYI - there were a couple of versions of the original Hero. The Hero HD offered 1080p @ 30 fps. I still love mine and use it regularly, and the only issue to complain about is it's low light capabilities. Didn't see a need for the Hero2, but the Hero3 with 1080p @ 60 FPS...now we're talking!